Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Maycast Sunbird trigger?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 16, 2012
I've had Maycast Sunbird on one of my pets for several days now, along with Tick Kicker, and I have yet to see either one cast. My pet has Unicorn as well, and it has been casting just like normal and as expected. However, the past several dozen battles, along with ever since having the Maycast Sunbird/Tick Kicker talent, I have yet to see either one cast ONCE. I've bladed, I've trapped, I've cast attacking spells, none of them seem to trigger Sunbird, and I've had a couple dozen overtime attack spells cast on me, and Cooldown (Tick Kicker) has yet to trigger as well.

So are these 2 talents bugged, or is there another trigger which I haven't seen yet?

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
I think some talents just about never cast and the "may" part is only theoretical. I have a pet with 'may cast Entangle' and have never seen her do anything with it in over six months of steady playing. (I'm trying to get rid of that talent now!)

Maybe your two talents are the same, with very low trigger rates.

Alia Misthaven

Delver
Oct 27, 2009
I have a pet rock that taunts, but it wasn't. At the time, I was using a lot of Blizzard. When the pet finally did cast. I noticed it was always after I used a wand. It wasn't the wand specifically, it was using a spell that hits ONE target. Other spells that attacked one enemy also worked. If Blizzard was up, I didn't bother using the single attacks,so it took a while for it to happen. I would say, look at the spells you are never using, too. Perhaps your pet needs you to Steal something, cast a Weaken, Summon a minion, Stun, cast Damage over time, heal or heal boost etc.. If you are fire, maybe it's the little attack that heals you at the same time. Try the different types that you haven't been using at all. Good luck. Let us know if you figure it out.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
You know, I don't even think there is any real known trigger for this talent.

If you claim to do all of these and the pet hasn't at least attempted to cast the spell, then what's the issue?

I'm guess pet talents like this one, or may cast sanctuary or on the epic side in terms of cast rate.

You can possibly experiment with yourself by dragging a battle on and doing everything you can to force the pet to actually cast the spell.

But I'm guessing since they're relatively new, it may take some time for the talent to be properly instigated within the game hence, it being cast.

Delver
Oct 27, 2009
Another thought, how's the Power stat on your pet? I notice my "may cast" pets with higher trained Power tend to cast more also. If I were you, I'd experiment with different kinds of spells that you don't usually use or keep in your deck.

Survivor
Oct 16, 2012
Just an update....still has yet to happen.....and I am seeing several videos on Youtube saying that the May Cast Sunbird does NOT work, as nearly every single thing to trigger it has been tried.....same with Tick Kicker. So I guess it's apparently a bug....

Survivor
Oct 16, 2012
BREAKING NEWS!!!! My pet cast Sunbird!! A simple wand attack spell triggered it.....but that was the 1st time so far. It just seems to be exceedingly rare......still, it works!!!! Now to move onto Tick Kicker.....

Survivor
Oct 16, 2012
Just a heads up....Sunbird is now casting a lot more than it was. I assume it was a bug that was suddenly fixed, so everything should be good now. Sunbird appears to cast after wand attacks or after casting blades/traps.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009