Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

May Cast Talents

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jul 21, 2013
I bought the flying squirrel pet in the crown shop for 7500 crowns. I have been training my pet Rank 6 balance foods which my pet likes. My pet is now ancient, and I cant help but wonder, why doesn't my pet have any may cast abilities. If I could get a may cast I would like sprite, like very ancient pet I have seen has an ability to may cats sprite . . . I have even seen people with other flying squirrel pets that have a may cast sprite ability. Some people have said feed your pet pixie sticks, others have said play the cannon game.Any advice on may cats pixie, or how? I don't want to have to spend money own 7500 crowns again. Please help me!

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
If you want to learn what your first generation pet has, go here to find out: http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Category:First_Generation_Pets#axzz42FbupMSK

Look up a pet and you can see what the talents are on what a brand new, first generation pet can have.

For the Flying Squirrel, it does not come with any 'may cast' talents, nor any heals. You would need to find someone to hatch with for the talents you want (like the may cast or heals). Find someone with universal talents (non-school specific) or one with Balance talents (if you are a Balance wiz).

Feed your pet whatever snacks you get. Don't feed it just Balance snacks, as it will make your stat numbers lobsided (strength, agility, power, etc). Your pet won't gain special abilities just by feeding it specific snacks or playing specific games. It's whatever YOU want to do.

I do a lot of gardening to get snacks, plus I play whatever game I'm in the mood for - LOL

So, if you are looking at buying a pet, be sure to look it up in the Wizard101 Central Wiki first!

Good luck, young wizard

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
i actually have a pretty nice flying squirrel~ brynnerofreign and i have met in-game, and she was kind enough to hatch hers with me. :)

so far, my flying squirrel has balance dealer, may cast sprite, pain giver, and spell defy.

first-generation pets (that you buy from the crown shop or vendors, or obtain via packs/drops) all have a set talent pool, and you'll need to hatch repeatedly to get the talents you want. as with anything else in this game, it's a lottery~ pet talents are determined at birth, based on the talent pools of previous generations*, and no snack or game will change that.

(*i say 'previous generations', as i've had pets manifest talents not in either parent's pool.)

good luck!

-von