Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

May cast talents

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 29, 2009
I was just curious. I have several pets with may cast talents. I have a pet judgement that says may cast weakness. However since receiving her at level 58 she has cast weakness two times.... And I've used her for months now.. My storm pets however who have may cast blades or sprite or traps cast all the time.. No matter single target multi target, me casting weakness, taking huge damage she never casts it... Is this a problem with this pet since all my others seem to work.... Just curious... I have read the mechanics to the may cast and think I understand. I just think my judgement refuses to cast weakness.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Different talents have different triggers.

May Cast Blade triggers are attack spells.
May Cast Trap Triggers are attack spells.
Pierce Train Triggers are trap spells or when opponent shields.
Drop It triggers are blades, or negative charms.
I am not sure what would constitute a weakness trigger.

I but if you look at the correlation between what the may casts are and what triggers them, I am sure you can try different things and find out.

Good luck and hope this helps.

Also, by raising the maximum value on your pets stats, meaning, trying to get 250 agility, 250 will, and 250 power, you pet casts spell more often than lower maximum settings. This is not verified, however, a good observation.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Heather824 wrote:
I was just curious. I have several pets with may cast talents. I have a pet judgement that says may cast weakness. However since receiving her at level 58 she has cast weakness two times.... And I've used her for months now.. My storm pets however who have may cast blades or sprite or traps cast all the time.. No matter single target multi target, me casting weakness, taking huge damage she never casts it... Is this a problem with this pet since all my others seem to work.... Just curious... I have read the mechanics to the may cast and think I understand. I just think my judgement refuses to cast weakness.

My pet Wyvern is the same way. I got the "may cast ice shield" talent and she's cast it twice. In one battle. And nothing since. Some of my other pets will cast more often, and spritely is one talent that seems to work better than others (but not always, as in the case of my cupig who rarely casts spritely). *shrugs* I'm not sure why to tell you the truth, but you're not alone! :)

Defender
Mar 11, 2011
These are the triggers for pet may casts.

Drop-It is enemy casting a blade.

Pierce-Train is enemy casting a sheild.

Weakness is enemy casting a attack, Charm or Ward spell.

May-Cast Blade is you attacking.

May-Cast Trap is also you attacking.

May-Cast Sheild is you getting attacked.

May-Cast Attack spell is you attacking.

Smoke-Screen is you attacking.

Spritely and Unicorn is a 10% chance when you or enemy cast attack spell.

Hope you like my guide!!!

Defender
Mar 11, 2011
Darthjt is right. My pet got 2 may cast. 1 is life shield. 2 is spritely. When he got spritely at teen, he rarely cast sprite, but only had 25 power. Now he's at adult, got 173 power. Also got life sheild so I would go for strength which adds resist. Sheilds improve resist.