Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

May Cast Pet Talent Trigger Rates

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Mar 29, 2010
We put a lot of time into developing pets. I'm confounded by how KI decides cast rates and what triggers many of our pets' May Cast abilities. KI seems to have healing abilities in a good spot now, although they seem to cast much less in pvp compared to pve (can KI program that? maybe).

Many of the other cast abilities are way way out of whack. Here's a list on what needs help, in my opinion.

Reduce the Trigger Rate:
Auras-these are incredibly strong and can be cast even when you pass!!! It's too much especially if you compare to many other great abilities.
Global Spells-like sanctuary and doom. These seem to cast quite often in my experience.

Increase the Trigger Rate:
May cast dispels-these hardly ever trigger; in fact we are having a hard time identifying what DOES trigger them.
May cast cleanse ward-currently there is no way to clear trap stacking for any school besides death. This talent should be greatly increased.
May cast cleanse charm-the one that removes negative charms from yourself.
May cast *any type of blade*-this doesn't have to be increased a lot, but still does not cast often at all.
May cast *any type of shield*-same goes for this as blades

Those are the main ones I'm concerned about for now, can anyone think of others?

I'm not saying these have to cast all the time (although the aura ones pretty much do right now!!!) but let us have a little more fun with our rewards for hard work and some luck on our pet projects!!!

Explorer
Mar 29, 2010
As a follow up, myself and a couple others have been testing the may cast dispel talents over the past couple days. We have all seven of them, and have not had a single may cast. Not even one. I have a pet with four of them, and none from it. Zero.

Can we get a couple tips here on what triggers these dispels? Even the wiki over on central has no info on these talents. Please increase their cast rates at least a little and guide us!

Explorer
Jan 30, 2009
personal auras are fine as is, its about 10% chance to cast each round. global auras are actually very low cast rate overall considering they trigger off single target spells at around 5% chance. blades trigger off you attacking. forget what triggers shields, dispels are triggered off single target spells on opponents, and any type of cleanse (blade, trap, shield or debuff) is triggered on its placement.

Explorer
Mar 29, 2010
KI, can we get any guidance here on triggers for the may cast dispel talents? I am yet to ever see any of mine cast one, and I have multiple pets with three or four of these talents.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
May cast dispel is a talent that has the potential to be really annoying and unfair, so I'm not surprised the answer is "once in a blue moon".

I do wish cleanse ward, cleanse charm, and DOT Doctor were a bit more active.

Guardian Wall and Balanceblade are almost perfect. Maybe a tiny bit more activity would be nice, but not so much that the bb is triggering boss cheats.

I like auras, even in pvp where I run the risk of taking flak for it. I do agree I was a bit surprised when passing, fizzling, and someone else's DOT ticking off caused my pet to regularly put up infallible.

I can see fizzle leading to Infallible. Not so much with Fortify or mend though.

Triggers for these auras should try to be aura-specific, so they make sense. They should be more prolific in those triggers and maybe less so for simply passing or casting a blade.

For instance, infallible could have this as its list of trigger events: Fizzle, blade yourself, place a trap, use a damage bubble.
Fortify could have these: Cast a shield on yourself, have a shield broken by an attack on you, lose more than 20% of your health in damage in a single turn, have a trap placed on you. (These might be the same as for conviction)