Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

may cast finally works, but to low a rate!

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jun 15, 2009
alright may cast works! awesome!, but NOW that it DOES work, the testing can NOW begin with the odds of these casts, with shield, blade, and trap castings at an astronomicly low rate, and spritely casting, like every turn, where is the needed casts? have seen one death blade, no traps yet, and can still roll out the sprites, that advantige does not mathmaticly match the blade,trap,shield casts, it is way to rare to be useful, increase the trap,shield, and blade rate would help, OR decrease the sprites to almost nothing lol

______
8:00 pm

UPDATE WARNING!
the starfish so far has proven to cast it's ice traps on YOU, and not your enemy!

watch out for all MAY CAST TRAP pets! so far it has only been my starfish i have been testing, but it will help the enemy not you! be VERY causious with these pets till KI can take a look and fix this, not sure on the rest of the school type may cast trap, and the pet they are on, but be careful!

"may cast trap" pets can currently lay traps on YOU

______

Delver
Apr 02, 2010
Too funny!

Have You read the polluted pet topic I started, how my Lifer's Satyr casting Sprite uses up Guiding Light and knocking Rebirth back to base, and how I bought the Starfish because I thought it would have new Celestia Talent, only to find it is Ice and has Spritely? LOL!

Serves you right for buying a pet with gold!

Guess I'm not training that pet any time soon.

Explorer
Jun 15, 2009
awesome though, all hose are basic things i have on my pet, have a satyr, and no, saying serves you right seems like grief, you must be excited to get thoese move for the first time ... MY satyr is an elete with spell proof and defying, with siritely and heath gift ... it is a good hatched pet

but this post is about a bug, and testing the math of all the casting of the may cast till the casts ae equaled out, not a brag

Explorer
Jun 15, 2009
forgot o add, ice trap and blade are the only useful abilities i need from this pet, mixing that with a spellproof/defying pet should make a good "tool" pet for fighting, you should see my collection, it's um, huge ...

Delver
Apr 02, 2010
Dude, it was a satirical comment. As in, Kings Isle wants you to buy Crowns pets, and if you buy one with gold, you get a pet that puts traps on you.

Remember, I bought the starfish, I fell for it too.

Maybe it was a subconscious mistake on their part.

MY satyr is an elite with spell proof and defying, with spritely and health gift ... it is a good hatched pet

Neat! That's some effort getting four useful talents. I do want to go there, the question is how to. If I do the math right, some of the Celestia pets are pushing $20 real dollars. That's almost two cases of my favorite beverage. Or try to find a dropped pet with them, or someone to hatch with.

I am guilty of, until recently, not fully comprehending the value of pet is not in the card but what talents it has. It is possible that a pet card may not show up until its the last card drawn, but a resistance, or increased hit, is from the beginning to the end of the battle.

The part about Spritely was not satirical, it consumes a previously cast Guiding Light. I will have to admit when I run my Life solo, its easier to toss out the Guiding Light and let the Satyr (hopefully) heal, and attack. But normally I run two characters at a time and battle with a friend (total of three then), and then the best thing for the Lifer to do is supply Rebirth, so we don't have to run around or port to get health. Get a Storm with us and its a given. And a Guiding Light with it is just that much more healing.

By the way, I found a sure fire to get your pet to do its may-cast. Do battle in Unicorn Way. My Death went through a large portion of the Grotto with a Storm Cat with may-cast Storm shield before I gave up and equipped the original 48 Wraith.

Personally I would like to see some math behind this may-cast business, probabilities, and how does, if at all, those five attributes affect it.

Explorer
Jun 15, 2009
the blade castings i went into unicorn for, but the trap one i just had it equiped running through crab empire when it started to cast the trabs, i was excited that the traps also where fixed till i seen it was laying them on me, it was a mean starfish! lol

i had shields casting from myth imp though already before they made the fix so i had not worryed about taking a look at those ones

but i think the traps may be bug at the moment, OR maybe they had made it this way to make them appear more like a "bad pet"? but i don't think they would though, i will have to try it also with traps on my jade oni to see if it also is doing the evil pet thing and laying traps on me lol

yes, the satyr, i wish i would have tried with a hybrid though ...
was defender pig and magma colossus, the third got both, and then many tries with satyr till it got them, very frustrating, but it payed off

Armiger
May 10, 2010
BetaYuya wrote:
alright may cast works! awesome!, but NOW that it DOES work, the testing can NOW begin with the odds of these casts, with shield, blade, and trap castings at an astronomicly low rate, and spritely casting, like every turn, where is the needed casts? have seen one death blade, no traps yet, and can still roll out the sprites, that advantige does not mathmaticly match the blade,trap,shield casts, it is way to rare to be useful, increase the trap,shield, and blade rate would help, OR decrease the sprites to almost nothing lol

______
8:00 pm

UPDATE WARNING!
the starfish so far has proven to cast it's ice traps on YOU, and not your enemy!

watch out for all MAY CAST TRAP pets! so far it has only been my starfish i have been testing, but it will help the enemy not you! be VERY causious with these pets till KI can take a look and fix this, not sure on the rest of the school type may cast trap, and the pet they are on, but be careful!

"may cast trap" pets can currently lay traps on YOU

______

Spritely and Aura work fine and have an excellent rate, no need to adjust them. Thanks!

Now, I am not even sure deathblade works yet, because my wraith still has not cast it yet. And I was constantly in battle for 8 hours trying to see if I could get it to work. Oh, and my wraith is Epic, so it is not for lack of training. So, I am not sure DeathBlade even works. I have seen other blades cast though.

As for Traps, I have not been on my storm yet, still waiting to see what, if anything, KI does to bolt.

Explorer
Jun 15, 2009
ah, yes, i can back that, the "here and there" shield does seem a good rate and not over barring, and i have my myth imp to ancient and i can see how it will be alright, the spritely yes, those to cast as a good rate, but i have a battle pig, and it has deathblade, i have seen one blade, and one storm blade off from the new Spinyfish, and (even though the traps are bugged) the traps seem a bit slow like that blades, at casting rate i think blades and traps may be better layed at 1.5 times to 2 times the speed, even at long battles, blades and traps seem a little slow on the cast.

but yes, your wraith SHOULD be casting the blade now, and i think that the casting rate on blade and trap olny at this point is a little under par myself, have been trying out the casts a lot around WC and krock the last few days since all the castings are now functional, the true compared rates can be tested and bugs discovered

Delver
Apr 02, 2010
Good grief what a disaster over the weekend.

So I finally came to grips that I got a Satyr that gives Spritely. It also gives Pip O'Plenty, so its not that bad. When in a battle of three or more, equip another Satyr that does not have Spritely. When just playing with my Life and Death character, equip it; the Death can get enough health back, and the Life can go back to hitting, and I can leave most battles with full health on both characters. (If the Death goes in the first slot and does the first hit, he gets most of the hits).

(Yes I want to create a super pet, and on both accounts, but the best way has too many questions.)

Then I noticed something; the Satyr does not cast Spritely as much. Someone told me, oh, you need to train it more. Fine. I will. Matter of fact, I will take it to Epic. And so I did. And of course it got a selfish talent that extended Will another 50. But ran out of pet mana.

At this point my daughter needed help with something in Marleybone. I previously did a custom hatch for her, an Oni with Spritely at Teen. So we went to MarleyBone, with the Level 53 Lifer going in first slot to take the hits. Both characters had pets with Spritely. In fact, the Oni is the great grand daughter of the Satyr.

And then a pattern seemed to be developing. The Oni cast Spritely roughly twice as much as the Satyr.

Hmm. OK, maybe there is a small bug. Maybe I need to max out that Will. So I studied my list of pet snacks and found a crafted food that gives Will only, and did the Cannon game. So I completely maxed out the Satyr. Tried it out in Unicorn Way. No dice. Not a lot of Spritely. Maybe once.

And now, of course, you might see what is going to happen. I forgot that I had the Epic Satyr with Spritely equipped, because of course, its not casting Spritely.

So now in a battle on the Floating Island, and more than one team member take bad hit. Time to fire up Rebirth. Get on the Guiding Light Treasure Card, get on the Blue Guiding Light. Next round we are ready. And THEN IT HAPPENED! He cast Spritely and knocked all the Guiding Lights off! After maybe a good hour and a half of play with no Spritely!

Somehow I managed to take so-so problem and MADE IT WORSE by training the Satyr to Epic. Or KI changed the May-Cast rates. Or the formulas are wrong. Or maybe its just probability.

But whatever it is, the dang Satyr is like the new Wild Bolt. Who knows what it is going to do! Its now WORSE!

Defender
Apr 21, 2010
I guess I am missing how you made things worse by training to Epic.
As far as I know training will not affect May Casts.
And it doesn't appear that it did.

It's not that the Satyr cast more often, it just happened to cast at a point that spoiled your battle.

Spritely has always been a wildcard.
It seems to cast more often in 4x4 battles with AoEs.
Instead of training the pet, I would have paid more attention to which spells your daughter is casting.

Also, again, in Celestia I would be using the Life bubble plus Crit gear and Amplify or Vengeance rather than relying on Guiding Light. GL is nice, but doubled healing is better.

Also, we don't actually know what the outcome was.
You cast Rebirth... how high were the heals?

Explorer
Apr 29, 2010
Since KI fixed may cast, I don't think the rate is too low. From my experience, the rate of casting seems to be related to the power stat. A pet that has maxed power stat casts much more frequently than one early to leveling. A pet with 200 total power casts more than one with 125.

Explorer
Jun 15, 2009
i have a magma colossus that has it, and i have been running it through WC and krock on my lower lvl myth, and today have been trying it also in Celestia on my death grand (lvl 50)

between the 2, i seen it will sometimes cast a rare sprite, but then some fights, it's off the chart epic healer, then others, no sprite, it is odd, but i have learned not to completly rely on it but use pixies when it is not up to par

this Magma colossus as followed

lvl epic

strength (237/237)
intelect (75/200)
agility (213/213)
will (240/240)
power(187/187)

not sure what might affect the rate, but i had this move as adult on this one and it seems to be "completely" random, has casted almost the same now, and seems unaffected by stat increase, but more well, like you said, "wild", would have to agree

Survivor
Jul 26, 2010
The may cast ice trap seriously needs to be fixed. It is not pleasant getting defeated because your starfish decides to cast an ice trap on YOU while fighting the level 10 crustacean waverunners in the grotto! I trained the starfish all the way to epic hoping for spritely, didn't get it, but I can accept that as it's just a chance thing. But casting traps on me?!? If it isn't fixed soon. My epic starfish will be heading for the trash!

Armiger
May 10, 2010
minxymoo wrote:
Since KI fixed may cast, I don't think the rate is too low. From my experience, the rate of casting seems to be related to the power stat. A pet that has maxed power stat casts much more frequently than one early to leveling. A pet with 200 total power casts more than one with 125.

My wraith is Epic, like I said. It has 200 power, and is fully trained. As I have said in earlier posts, it still has not cast a single deathblade and this is already what more than a week? Now, pets that have storm and snow aura, they use to cast just fine, but lately, they don't or very rarely cast the shields.

What is the deal, Did KI break the may casts? The only one that does seem to work, especially with the fierce hounds, is spritely.

An official comment would be good, is there still a problem with the may casts, or is the cast rate really that low? Has it been lowered?

Explorer
Jun 15, 2009
mine was only to ancient when it got the ability to lay the ice traps, i would just well, retire him and maybe pick out a new starfish untill they can fix this HUGE bug, but don't give up on the little starfish just yet, you never know ...

Survivor
Oct 26, 2010
The starfish pet works fine for me. Got spritely at teen and ice blade at adult! It was just the combination I wanted! But doesn't cast very often. KI NEEDS TO FIX!!! Does not cast often at all.

Defender
Feb 23, 2010
ic0517 wrote:
Too funny!

Have You read the polluted pet topic I started, how my Lifer's Satyr casting Sprite uses up Guiding Light and knocking Rebirth back to base, and how I bought the Starfish because I thought it would have new Celestia Talent, only to find it is Ice and has Spritely? LOL!

Serves you right for buying a pet with gold!

Guess I'm not training that pet any time soon.

Well, I bought a starfish and leveled it to epic. I ended up with it giving a Blizzard card, casting ice traps, casting spritely, and giving me a 7% boost to universal defense. Well worth the gold I spent on it and to develop it. Sounds to me like you might be a little bit crowns crazy. It's been my experience that certain crowns gear (like wands) can give you an advantage as you level up, but are no better (or even inferior) to other gear once you are leveled up. Crown gear tends to favor smaller universal boosts as opposed to larger more school-specific boosts. As someone who likes to maximize the value of my power pips, I tend to stick with my primary school's magic as much as possible. So, for me at least, a larger school specific attack boost is of much more value than a smaller universal attack boost. Having said that, Sea Dragon is still the best starting pet around and it's a crown pet. Then again, you can win them in the Test of the Spheres area, which is where I won mine.

Defender
Feb 23, 2010
Speedyham1 wrote:
The starfish pet works fine for me. Got spritely at teen and ice blade at adult! It was just the combination I wanted! But doesn't cast very often. KI NEEDS TO FIX!!! Does not cast often at all.

Yeah, I have a Sea Turtle on my Life wizard that has may cast Life Blade. The power on this pet is up there, but it still doesn't cast life blade enough. Even worse, I've noticed a bad habit of it casting life blade after I cast the finishing blow of a big boss battle. Now that's just rubbing it in my face. Then I compare that to the battles when I'm joined by someone with a pet that has spritely, and they seem to get a sprite almost every other round it seems. I have no problem with that since sprites only heal a little bit, but the pets with may cast blades need to do so more often...and not after the battle has just ended.