Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Manifested talents from parents

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 21, 2016
Are hatched pets more likely to get the talents from their parents that are already manifested? Or is it the same chance if the talents are just in the pool but not manifested?

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
Parents pass some traits more strongly. Usually those are the ones that manifest if the pet is trained to mega, but sometimes a pet passes a hidden trait. I keep records from all my hatches so I know which parents have the best chance of giving the talents I want.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
DHZX on Dec 12, 2016 wrote:
Are hatched pets more likely to get the talents from their parents that are already manifested? Or is it the same chance if the talents are just in the pool but not manifested?
Also note that some talents seems to stick, as in, once a parent knows it or has the talent within it's talent pool, then it becomes difficult to get rid of it.

Still confused?
Look at the talent Pierce Train (Maycast Pierce) - Hardly Cast Anyways.
This talent can be described as a sticky one because once a parent knows it, and the offspring has a very high chance of learning it. Even when attempting to get rid of the talent, it just shows up when you're training offsprings. Very, very annoying.

Understand that you will become frustrated, annoyed and often times, want to quit.

Stick with it man, no pun intended.

Survivor
Feb 12, 2009
I too have noticed that once a talent is manifested, it does seem to get passed along in offspring. That also means that the non-manifested traits become tougher to pass along over time. Keeping records of what you hatch and using first gen pets with known pedigrees can help.