Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Looking for guidance

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 11, 2013
Still fairly new to Wizard101 and I'd like to ask a question. I'm looking for a good starter ward death pet. Most PC's won't even hatch with me because I don't have a ward pet, whatever that means. So, I'm not sure how to proceed with this. I have 2 Inathine Spectres I can hatch with (1 is epic and the other is ancient). Do I have to hatch with another death pet to get a death pet? Can I hatch with any type of pet and still get a death pet? I'm a bit confused still. Any advice?

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
First of all if you are new I do not know why you need a ward pet, but that aside:

1 When you hatch with another pet, you can either get your pet back, their pet back or a hybrid (if the 2 you are hatching make a hybrid that is). So if you really want a death pet, hatch with another death pet. Keep in mind that is not necessarily going to give you the talents you want, so pick a pet that has a card you want.

2. Producing a good pet takes more than one hatch especially if you are using a first generation pet, so perhaps set your initial goal to get 2 talents you want or something.

3. There are lots of generous people around who will hatch with you regardless of what kind of pet you want, try central.