Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Looking for a Red Panda!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 14, 2013
~WARNING! Loads of writing! XD~

Hey guys! (:
Ever since I found out there was a red panda pet on Wizard101, I was like... Oh my god. I MUST get it! Somehow, somewhere, I must!
But of course, getting a red panda is much harder than it seems. Well honestly, I guess it's like any other rare pet.
Me and my friend went off on a red panda hunt. Literally. We did the Pagoda of Harmony around 8 times in one day, desperately trying to get this cute guy. He had a couple of skeleton keys so we used those, and he has around... 5 red panda pets now? XD And I have... None?!
I know it would make more sense that he'd get the pet, not me, but hey; we gave it a try. Then we decided to do the Hollow Mountain so Icould get a key, and when I finally got one, I rushed over to the Pagoda of Harmony and got... guess what? A snack, a couple of reagents, and... that's it.
I was SO devastated. Me and my friend have just decided that we'll keep hatching. That's fine with me, but it's honestly getting on my nerves. I'll explain why.

1. We have to go to Grizzleheim to farm Halfang.
2. We can only go there if his friend is online (we're not a high level enough)
3. It takes a while to get all the gold we need.
4. When we go hatch, I ALWAYS get my spark beast, not his red panda. And he always gets his red panda, not MY spark beast.
5. So, we have to repeat everything all over again.

I know the red panda pet is much rarer than my spark beast, so it's going to be hard to get his panda. But it's just so frustrating! His inventory is stuffed with red pandas, and mine are stuffed with spark beasts. Why, for once, can't we swap? O:
In the end of the day, I'm really unexperienced with hatching. I just really want/need some advice about this situation. It'd REALLY help me out. The red panda is my favourite pet! I'm dying to get it!
Thanks guys! (:

Alexis Winterblood, level 35,

Defender
Oct 04, 2010
JJwolfheart on Apr 23, 2015 wrote:
~WARNING! Loads of writing! XD~

Hey guys! (:
Ever since I found out there was a red panda pet on Wizard101, I was like... Oh my god. I MUST get it! Somehow, somewhere, I must!
But of course, getting a red panda is much harder than it seems. Well honestly, I guess it's like any other rare pet.
Me and my friend went off on a red panda hunt. Literally. We did the Pagoda of Harmony around 8 times in one day, desperately trying to get this cute guy. He had a couple of skeleton keys so we used those, and he has around... 5 red panda pets now? XD And I have... None?!
I know it would make more sense that he'd get the pet, not me, but hey; we gave it a try. Then we decided to do the Hollow Mountain so Icould get a key, and when I finally got one, I rushed over to the Pagoda of Harmony and got... guess what? A snack, a couple of reagents, and... that's it.
I was SO devastated. Me and my friend have just decided that we'll keep hatching. That's fine with me, but it's honestly getting on my nerves. I'll explain why.

1. We have to go to Grizzleheim to farm Halfang.
2. We can only go there if his friend is online (we're not a high level enough)
3. It takes a while to get all the gold we need.
4. When we go hatch, I ALWAYS get my spark beast, not his red panda. And he always gets his red panda, not MY spark beast.
5. So, we have to repeat everything all over again.

I know the red panda pet is much rarer than my spark beast, so it's going to be hard to get his panda. But it's just so frustrating! His inventory is stuffed with red pandas, and mine are stuffed with spark beasts. Why, for once, can't we swap? O:
In the end of the day, I'm really unexperienced with hatching. I just really want/need some advice about this situation. It'd REALLY help me out. The red panda is my favourite pet! I'm dying to get it!
Thanks guys! (:

Alexis Winterblood, level 35,
Heya Alexis!
I can help you, I have a few Red Pandas of my own. My life has Vestrilund unlocked, so I can take you farming as much as you need, let me know when you have the time to meet up with me! Thanks!

(Timezone/When/Where/ect.)

Survivor
Jun 19, 2011
I also have a red panda you can hatch with, though it will take a while for me to get the gold necessary since I don't have Halfang either. As for hatching, in my experience I always get the other person's pet when my pedigree is the same as their pet's pedigree or lower, while I get my own pet when my pedigree is higher.
I also went through the Pagoda in order to get the red panda. It took a few days for me to get it, since I didn't get a key very often, and even when I did I didn't get the red panda pet until I had opened the chest a few times. Since then I've been saving any keys I get so that the next time I want something from a skeleton key chest I already have a good number of keys to use, since it is unlikely to get the item you want the first few times.

Delver
Nov 05, 2011
I know exactly how you feel.
I LOVE the red panda, I is my second favorite animal (first is owl, which NOBODY seems to have) and I just can't get it! These are the moments where you wish you could buy all the pets with crowns. At the very least, in card packs. Until that happens, I guess I'll have to keep farming. Sigh...

Survivor
Jun 14, 2013
MadisonWinterHorn on Apr 25, 2015 wrote:
I know exactly how you feel.
I LOVE the red panda, I is my second favorite animal (first is owl, which NOBODY seems to have) and I just can't get it! These are the moments where you wish you could buy all the pets with crowns. At the very least, in card packs. Until that happens, I guess I'll have to keep farming. Sigh...
Haha :) Somebody knows how I feel!
I have the Snowy Owl actually, if that's what your talking about, if you want to hatch. As for everyone else who's commenting on here, I think I might just keep on doing the Pagoda of Harmony with my friend, and hopefully time will tell... If you know what I mean O:
I also recently got a Meow Wing, and I'm quite happy with him because he is utterly adorable and gives me the spell Amplify, which I find really useful. It does kind of pain me to see people with the red panda though. But yeah, as I said, I'll just see what I can do. I would try hatch with you guys, but I honestly have nowhere enough gold... And I'm in NZ so it's really confusing about our timezone.
Thanks guys!

Survivor
Sep 18, 2012
Then I hope you get the red panda pet! I know that I'm sort of late replying but oh well. I just heard about the red panda today. I can also hatch with you since I have a red panda ( just got it ). I had better luck though...I got it in one try, but I also only had one key.

~Kymma