Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Kookaburra

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 13, 2010
Hello, I’m a returning player and was wondering how to get the kookaburra pet. My gear is real bad as when I left the game I didn’t really care about any gear and such, so I started by looking up recommended dungeons and pets and whilst I somewhat know where to get gear, I have no idea about the kookaburra.

Survivor
Jan 20, 2011
Hey! Try the kiosk in Pet Pavillion. It has most pets in it and I know it has all the Kookaburras. I hatched with an Ornery Kookaburra on my fire.

Rowan Firepetal 130
Rowan Stormpetal 97
Rowan Mythpetal 20

Have fun!

Survivor
Apr 02, 2019
What gives? I have tried 8 times hatching with a Kookaburra on the kiosk, and every time got my own pet back! Over 400,000 gold spent in vain! Is there something blocking this pet from hatching?

Survivor
Apr 02, 2019
OlderGrowler on Sep 23, 2019 wrote:
What gives? I have tried 8 times hatching with a Kookaburra on the kiosk, and every time got my own pet back! Over 400,000 gold spent in vain! Is there something blocking this pet from hatching?
I'm up to 11 tries now with no kookaburra to show for it. The odds of this being accidental are tiny. I suspect a bug.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
OlderGrowler on Oct 29, 2019 wrote:
I'm up to 11 tries now with no kookaburra to show for it. The odds of this being accidental are tiny. I suspect a bug.
If it is the life pet you're attempting to get, then remember that you must be a school in order to get the pet.

If indeed you are , then it could just be your luck.

Remain persistent.

Survivor
Apr 02, 2019
Star Edward on Nov 4, 2019 wrote:
If it is the life pet you're attempting to get, then remember that you must be a school in order to get the pet.

If indeed you are , then it could just be your luck.

Remain persistent.

Edward you raised a valid point. These tries were spread across all my wizards. I believed that the Life pet could be Acquired by any wizard, but only Equipped by Life, same as School Only gear. I guess pets are treated differently.

After 4 tries on my life I did finally succeed in getting one yesterday!

Survivor
Jan 20, 2011
I just want to add that there's nothing wrong with the kiosk itself. You seem to be having terrible luck in hatching! As previously said, you also do have to be life to equip the pet. I myself have hatched the kookaburra out of the kiosk, so I can confirm that there is no bug.

Rowan