Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is this supposed to happen?

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Oct 11, 2009
About a month or two ago (about two or three weeks after Wintertusk released), I went on a roll will hybrid hatching. I hatched my Phoenix with a Forest Lord and got an Inferno Beast. I was extremely excited because it was my first pet hybrid. Then I hatched with a Kraken and got a Thunderbird. Then I hatched a Shadow Phoenix. Then a Fire Wyvern. And then a Fire Toad (or whatever you get with Phoenix and Humongofrog). Okay, I was excited. I had hatched my Phoenix with the level 58 pet of every school... except Balance. All I needed was a Fiery Judge. It took about an hour to find someone with a Judgement (because they all said they already had Fiery Judge). When I finally hatched with a Judgement, guess what the outcome was? A Fire Wyvern! How does that make any sense? The person with the Judgement pet said they got a Fiery Judge. Someone else in the Hatchery said that happened to them too. I figured it was just a bug that causes that to happen on rare occasions. I tried again the next day. Same outcome. I tried again a week later hoping it would be fixed. Nada. So a month or two later (today) I tried it again. Fire Wyvern. This makes me mad. I work hard for the Gold I spend on hatches. I know there's a random outcome, but... Phoenix + Judgement = Fire Wyvern? No. Unless this is supposed to happen, I suggest this bug be fixed. Thanks

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
willwolf64 wrote:
About a month or two ago (about two or three weeks after Wintertusk released), I went on a roll will hybrid hatching. I hatched my Phoenix with a Forest Lord and got an Inferno Beast. I was extremely excited because it was my first pet hybrid. Then I hatched with a Kraken and got a Thunderbird. Then I hatched a Shadow Phoenix. Then a Fire Wyvern. And then a Fire Toad (or whatever you get with Phoenix and Humongofrog). Okay, I was excited. I had hatched my Phoenix with the level 58 pet of every school... except Balance. All I needed was a Fiery Judge. It took about an hour to find someone with a Judgement (because they all said they already had Fiery Judge). When I finally hatched with a Judgement, guess what the outcome was? A Fire Wyvern! How does that make any sense? The person with the Judgement pet said they got a Fiery Judge. Someone else in the Hatchery said that happened to them too. I figured it was just a bug that causes that to happen on rare occasions. I tried again the next day. Same outcome. I tried again a week later hoping it would be fixed. Nada. So a month or two later (today) I tried it again. Fire Wyvern. This makes me mad. I work hard for the Gold I spend on hatches. I know there's a random outcome, but... Phoenix + Judgement = Fire Wyvern? No. Unless this is supposed to happen, I suggest this bug be fixed. Thanks

its good that you were getting lucky with the other hybrids, but the fire judge is really hard to get and i bet those people saying they had fiery judges might be lying if they say they have it say show me and if they say no or something say do ya really have it and if they say yes, say show me and repeat till they tell the truth or show you there fiery judge then ask them if they wanna hatch with you so the chance to get fiery judge is better

hope this helped a bunch good luck

Survivor
Sep 05, 2008
Well, Balance wizards get the Firey Judge, but any other school gets a different pet. The pet hybrid is the outcome of the pet you use to hatch and the opposite school's level 58 pet (so you received a fire/ice hybrid).

Explorer
Jun 16, 2011
yeah i know! well i hatched a pet crisom specter with a fire toad and its was a phionx and i hatched the phionx with a fire toad and it was a crisom specter is that wrong or right plz help use fix this bug :D

Survivor
Jan 31, 2009
It is supposed tohappen i have hatched with three judments with my forest lord and every single time i got a crop watcher (life scarecrow) and i was how is this possible while the other balance people got their astral judge i was stuck with another life scarecrow. I feel that every hatch with a judgement both should get the same judge hybrid.
Anyways if you want a fiery judge just hatch with a fiery judge and most likely you'll get it (that how i got one :D)

Explorer
Feb 18, 2011
I think this is ment to happen because when hatching with lvl48 pets (saytr, helephant,hydra ect.) You get a chance to get one type of the pet for example if i tried to hatch a saytr with a collous i might get the ice version(frost caller) or the life version(the life collous) and then with the hydra its sorta diffrent since it is balance so that can happen getting a fire wyvern. I think ..... l:

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2009
Explorer
Mar 28, 2009
A very easy way to get a fiery judge is to hatch a judge with a kraken. Not sure why, but i did it 3 times and got fiery judge every time.