Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is there guide for multigenerational hatching

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 15, 2011
Been trying to find some sort of guide to multigenerational hatching (not the hybrids). I can't seem to find an answer to some simple questions and don't really have cash to spend experimenting.

I have heard that the stats of a second generation pet are roughly an average of the parents. Does this include bonus parents got from selfish talents or just their base stats?

If you know what talents first generation pets had or had the potential to have is there a way to tell what potential talents the second generation has (not it could be anything the parents had, but actually what is on its list). Also does this make it possible to get the same talent more than once and if so can it stack?

Thanks in advance for any answers

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2010
lordhoven wrote:
Been trying to find some sort of guide to multigenerational hatching (not the hybrids). I can't seem to find an answer to some simple questions and don't really have cash to spend experimenting.

I have heard that the stats of a second generation pet are roughly an average of the parents. Does this include bonus parents got from selfish talents or just their base stats?

If you know what talents first generation pets had or had the potential to have is there a way to tell what potential talents the second generation has (not it could be anything the parents had, but actually what is on its list). Also does this make it possible to get the same talent more than once and if so can it stack?

Thanks in advance for any answers

Mulitgenerational? Most of the people who look at this dont know what it means!Even me!

Administrator
Delver
Aug 10, 2010
When you get into multi-generation pets, it gets really crazy because, like you said, a pet can get anything that the parents even COULD have had but didn't develop. Then when you start hatching 2nd or 3rd gen pets together, you may get talents that show up in the grandparents "DNA".

If they had some sort of consistency to hatching and training, rules that you know the whole process will follow, and let us see all of the talents your pet could have developed, I think pet hatching would explode and everybody would be doing it. The way it stands, it's frustrating to try to hatch a pet that has the talents you want because you don't even know if 2 or 3 generations later, your hatched pets even have the talents you're looking for anymore and you're just beating your head on a genetic dead-end by using them to keep hatching.