Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is the pet rumor true?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 29, 2012
44
Some people told me that if you say in kid chat, "Good girl!" Or "Good Boy!" The pet heals more. IS this true? because i noticed some OTHER people didn't ever hear about it. but all the same, i noticed most people with crown purchased gear do believe in the rumor... Does wizard101 have secrets only meant to be discovered from experience? Please tell me if the rumor is true or not...and hopefully the mystery shall be solved!

~Nora Night & Alexis Spiritbane
Level 36 Level 56

Peace.

Delver
Jul 21, 2009
224
No it's a may cast, So it is 100% random cast saying good boy/girl wont make the pet do anything.

Explorer
Jun 04, 2011
70
Nope, this is not a true rumor. Although yes, I questioned the same thing, as my brother says this to his pet all the time when it casts "Spritely", but saying "Good Boy/Girl" does not have any affect on the probability of your pet casting it .

Emmaline Iceshard
Lvl. 55 Grandmaster Thaumaturge

Champion
Jul 04, 2012
493
Elite aspect on Jul 2, 2013 wrote:
Some people told me that if you say in kid chat, "Good girl!" Or "Good Boy!" The pet heals more. IS this true? because i noticed some OTHER people didn't ever hear about it. but all the same, i noticed most people with crown purchased gear do believe in the rumor... Does wizard101 have secrets only meant to be discovered from experience? Please tell me if the rumor is true or not...and hopefully the mystery shall be solved!

~Nora Night & Alexis Spiritbane
Level 36 Level 56

Peace.
Its a fake rumor

Squire
Jul 28, 2011
599
Actually, I really don't know. I always say good girl to my chameleon, and it feels like she casts more when i do. I have had some instances where she heals and i say "good girl" and she casts again right after that.

Maybe it depends on the pet

Delver
Oct 26, 2010
236
No. This is the silliest rumor I have ever heard. Like the other person said, it is 100% random.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
4952
Elite aspect on Jul 2, 2013 wrote:
Some people told me that if you say in kid chat, "Good girl!" Or "Good Boy!" The pet heals more. IS this true? because i noticed some OTHER people didn't ever hear about it. but all the same, i noticed most people with crown purchased gear do believe in the rumor... Does wizard101 have secrets only meant to be discovered from experience? Please tell me if the rumor is true or not...and hopefully the mystery shall be solved!

~Nora Night & Alexis Spiritbane
Level 36 Level 56

Peace.
No. Nothing will change a random cast. Nothing.

Survivor
May 27, 2009
26
Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
2227
the other thing to consider is that people have expressed that they do not like people saying "good boy" and "good girl" all the time. I have to admit, it DOES get annoying very quickly

Explorer
Sep 25, 2010
77
well actually i have found through experimentation that if you take a pet that may cast say sprite for example and fight a boss with without saying good girl/boy at all it has a medium cast rate. Thats because cast rate is based on stats. If you take the same pet and fight the same saying good girl/boy it does cast the spell more. However, i also did a third test that increased the cast rate even more. Instead of selecting good girl/boy in menu chat, i simply typed it in text chat. I'm aware that not everyone has text chat but i thought i'd try that anyway. I hope my tests helped remotely clear up something.

Scarlet Dragonpetal
Lvl 90 Pyro

Explorer
Mar 10, 2010
79
Idk if this is true but it sure seems like it!! Everyone whose pet heals 2 times per ROUND says good boy/girl. When i say it more it happens a few times more then usual. And either way it will make your pet feel good

Survivor
Jan 07, 2013
41
Elite aspect on Jul 2, 2013 wrote:
Some people told me that if you say in kid chat, "Good girl!" Or "Good Boy!" The pet heals more. IS this true? because i noticed some OTHER people didn't ever hear about it. but all the same, i noticed most people with crown purchased gear do believe in the rumor... Does wizard101 have secrets only meant to be discovered from experience? Please tell me if the rumor is true or not...and hopefully the mystery shall be solved!

~Nora Night & Alexis Spiritbane
Level 36 Level 56

Peace.
It is not exactly random, but when I usually say " come on __ (pet's name)". Say it like 3-7 times, and i'll guarantee you it works. I tried it on my May cast life bats pet and it worked!

Need anymore help, I'll be glad to help!

Good Luck!

Eric StormHunter Level 79 Diviner
Christo Blueleaf Level 32 Theurgist

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
2227
bunnyukti on Jul 2, 2013 wrote:
Idk if this is true but it sure seems like it!! Everyone whose pet heals 2 times per ROUND says good boy/girl. When i say it more it happens a few times more then usual. And either way it will make your pet feel good
I'm sure it seems like it helps. I know that I never say "good boy" to my pets. Sometimes they heal me once per fight, once per round, twice per attack, 9 times per fight, etc. I know that my Scarecrow pet tends to help me more than my phoenix pet does and both have multiple maycast spells they can do

Defender
Apr 22, 2012
114
Elite aspect on Jul 2, 2013 wrote:
Some people told me that if you say in kid chat, "Good girl!" Or "Good Boy!" The pet heals more. IS this true? because i noticed some OTHER people didn't ever hear about it. but all the same, i noticed most people with crown purchased gear do believe in the rumor... Does wizard101 have secrets only meant to be discovered from experience? Please tell me if the rumor is true or not...and hopefully the mystery shall be solved!

~Nora Night & Alexis Spiritbane
Level 36 Level 56

Peace.
Well, pets are inanimate, they don't read what you say so no... but i say good boy/girl whenever my pet casts a spell and i think that doing so makes US think that it goes by faster, just my opinion lol

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
2216
Scarlet Fever on Jul 2, 2013 wrote:
well actually i have found through experimentation that if you take a pet that may cast say sprite for example and fight a boss with without saying good girl/boy at all it has a medium cast rate. Thats because cast rate is based on stats. If you take the same pet and fight the same saying good girl/boy it does cast the spell more. However, i also did a third test that increased the cast rate even more. Instead of selecting good girl/boy in menu chat, i simply typed it in text chat. I'm aware that not everyone has text chat but i thought i'd try that anyway. I hope my tests helped remotely clear up something.

Scarlet Dragonpetal
Lvl 90 Pyro
I have always typed good boy/girl. I have also chatted to my pets to please stay focused on the battles at hand when running solo and especially boss battles. Whether any of this makes any real difference or not, I am not going to change this. I have worked hard with my pets and still working on some. Although, they are only in a virtual game, I say the same to them as I do to my pets in real life.

Pets ask very little from us . They just want to be, fed, treated with kindness, played with, loved and bathed.

Survivor
Aug 28, 2011
39
I love my pets and feed them better increasing stat foods (rank 6-9 instead of 1-5), but I always say "Good boy!" to my Phoenix named Oscar, it makes no difference upon him casting Fireblade, Trap, or Shield.

I love Oscar so much even thinking about his training makes me cry of nostalgia.

Survivor
Apr 18, 2013
44
I have solved the rumor. It's just to give the pet love. It does not increase anything.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
743
I say it anyway, not because it matters but because it's fun to pretend my pets (and the game) are real. It's all about imagination and fun right?

Survivor
Sep 29, 2012
44
Scarlet Fever on Jul 2, 2013 wrote:
well actually i have found through experimentation that if you take a pet that may cast say sprite for example and fight a boss with without saying good girl/boy at all it has a medium cast rate. Thats because cast rate is based on stats. If you take the same pet and fight the same saying good girl/boy it does cast the spell more. However, i also did a third test that increased the cast rate even more. Instead of selecting good girl/boy in menu chat, i simply typed it in text chat. I'm aware that not everyone has text chat but i thought i'd try that anyway. I hope my tests helped remotely clear up something.

Scarlet Dragonpetal
Lvl 90 Pyro
Hmm, maybe the rumor is true.....

I have a lot of disclaimers here though, and one person even said their pet healed them when they said "Good girl/boy"

Survivor
Apr 21, 2009
7
It would truly be silly to put this in the game, but it would be a funny easter egg type situation if it was true

Survivor
Jul 08, 2012
7
Elite aspect on Jul 2, 2013 wrote:
Some people told me that if you say in kid chat, "Good girl!" Or "Good Boy!" The pet heals more. IS this true? because i noticed some OTHER people didn't ever hear about it. but all the same, i noticed most people with crown purchased gear do believe in the rumor... Does wizard101 have secrets only meant to be discovered from experience? Please tell me if the rumor is true or not...and hopefully the mystery shall be solved!

~Nora Night & Alexis Spiritbane
Level 36 Level 56

Peace.
who even came up with the rumor?



Administrator
This is very obviously completely false, young Wizards.
While we appreciate that players wish to praise their pets, it has no bearing on their actions in a duel.


community@wizard101.com