Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is Life Minotaur a good pet?

AuthorMessage
Champion
Jun 16, 2009
I've been wondering since I'm gonna train it then give it to my life wizard. Suggestions? If not a good pet then find some other good life pets because I want my life wizard to fight better with pets :?

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
School pets tend to give you a bit of an edge on things that actually help your wizard, that said any pet can be hatched enough to get these also but can be costly and really time consuming.

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Pet:Life_Minotaur

I have found there is not perfect pet that I have the time and gold to get, the best I can hope for is to at least get spritely by adult, which will help my wizard out and don't expect anything else.

I was lucky, I wanted my Glacier Cat on my Ice wizard to have spritely and it only took 1 extra hatch with a scarecrow that has manifested it, same with the Astral Judge I gave to my Balance wizard. I have found hatching the Fierce hound if you don't have another Fierce can be 2 out of 5.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
The Life Minotaur has several selfish talents. If you like the looks and the card of that pet, it would be best to just train it to adult and then mix it with another pet with the talents you desire. It sometimes takes several generations before you get the talents you want.

Hannah Lifebringer level 80 Life

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
its an excellent low level life pet, until you get tree lord the life minotaur card is a very good attack

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
codastar wrote:
I've been wondering since I'm gonna train it then give it to my life wizard. Suggestions? If not a good pet then find some other good life pets because I want my life wizard to fight better with pets :?

I love my Life Minotaur. So much so I hatched with him. The hatch resulted in another Life Minotaur that is now at Epic; she's awesome.

The Earth Walker is another great pet... he's saved my little Life wizard many times and is on his way to Epic as well.

The Spirit of Nature seems like it would be good from the stats listed on Wizard101Central.com but I don't have one. :)

Defender
Sep 10, 2011
Because of the minotaur's shield bashing hit, it is a good card to have on a life pet.

BUT what will make it a very good pet will be it's talents, a SPUD (spritely-spell proof-spell defy-unicorn) talent is usually ideal for a life wizard but it depends on your skill with a bit of luck in training it.

My life wiz pet is a carnation pixie, it has a dragonblade for a card so it's quite useful when stacking blades. but it's talents are spritely-unicorn-pain giver and spell proof which i choose to train it for to fit the stats needed by my archmage.

Archmages
Ronan Lionhand
Fiona Stardust
Jose Winterbane

Champion
Jun 16, 2009
Sarahnimo wrote:
Because of the minotaur's shield bashing hit, it is a good card to have on a life pet.

BUT what will make it a very good pet will be it's talents, a SPUD (spritely-spell proof-spell defy-unicorn) talent is usually ideal for a life wizard but it depends on your skill with a bit of luck in training it.

My life wiz pet is a carnation pixie, it has a dragonblade for a card so it's quite useful when stacking blades. but it's talents are spritely-unicorn-pain giver and spell proof which i choose to train it for to fit the stats needed by my archmage.

Archmages
Ronan Lionhand
Fiona Stardust
Jose Winterbane

Where can I get the Carnation Pixie at?

Defender
Sep 10, 2011
codastar wrote:
Sarahnimo wrote:

Archmages
Ronan Lionhand
Fiona Stardust
Jose Winterbane

Where can I get the Carnation Pixie at?

you might have googled it already but here is a link about it

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Pet:Carnation_Pixie

i got mine by hatching with someone who has it with my onyx shenlong that has spritely-defy-proof and pain giver. the result hatch was the one i mentioned already. Good Luck with your pet anyway

Archmages
Ronan Lionhand
Fiona Stardust
Jose Winterbane

Grandmaster
Brahm