Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

is it even possible?

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Apr 13, 2011
so recently i just got my efreet pet from the quest i got at level 78 and i have tried to hatch it with my sea dragon with good stats to get a cool looking and effective pet but i have hatched it four times and i keep getting another sea dragon, so what i am asking is if i can even get my efreet back from hatching or if i just wasted a lot (and i mean A LOT) of gold, crowns, and the jewel on my pet (shared bank trading to my richer wizard) for nothing. please reply i am in desperate need of help.

Jason GoldenFlame level 78

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
it is possible to get an efreet with a higher pedigree. It probably won't be as high as the sea dragon. It may have a few skills or stats from the sea dragon, or it could just be a slightly better efreet.
I doubt that a hybrid is possible, but there is no telling since KI wants us to find those ourselves.

Hatching for a specific pet is unbelievably frustrating. If you were hatching for specific talents it would be worse. I suggest that you have had a streak of bad luck, however, there is no reason that streak should end anytime soon.
Hatching is pure luck on many different levels. The game treats each hatch as a unique event. Past hatches aren't tracked, and do not affect future hatches.

You could get an efreet next hatch, or you could hatch two hundred more sea dragons.
(I did read a thread where a guy was trying to get a hybrid and did actually hatch over two hundred of the same pet and fifteen of the other parent before finally getting his hybrid.) Unless you have use for multiple sea dragons, you have wasted your money so far. If you continue to hatch that pair then you are likely to waste more money. How much more isn't certain.

Mastermind
Apr 13, 2011
Zebulous Newt on Jan 4, 2016 wrote:
it is possible to get an efreet with a higher pedigree. It probably won't be as high as the sea dragon. It may have a few skills or stats from the sea dragon, or it could just be a slightly better efreet.
I doubt that a hybrid is possible, but there is no telling since KI wants us to find those ourselves.

Hatching for a specific pet is unbelievably frustrating. If you were hatching for specific talents it would be worse. I suggest that you have had a streak of bad luck, however, there is no reason that streak should end anytime soon.
Hatching is pure luck on many different levels. The game treats each hatch as a unique event. Past hatches aren't tracked, and do not affect future hatches.

You could get an efreet next hatch, or you could hatch two hundred more sea dragons.
(I did read a thread where a guy was trying to get a hybrid and did actually hatch over two hundred of the same pet and fifteen of the other parent before finally getting his hybrid.) Unless you have use for multiple sea dragons, you have wasted your money so far. If you continue to hatch that pair then you are likely to waste more money. How much more isn't certain.
So I can defiantly get my efreet back? And I don't think I will be wasting to much gold because there is only one talent I need to hatch out.

Survivor
May 21, 2011
the awesome pyroma... on Jan 3, 2016 wrote:
so recently i just got my efreet pet from the quest i got at level 78 and i have tried to hatch it with my sea dragon with good stats to get a cool looking and effective pet but i have hatched it four times and i keep getting another sea dragon, so what i am asking is if i can even get my efreet back from hatching or if i just wasted a lot (and i mean A LOT) of gold, crowns, and the jewel on my pet (shared bank trading to my richer wizard) for nothing. please reply i am in desperate need of help.

Jason GoldenFlame level 78
Yes, you can get your efreet back. Find someone to hatch with who has a max stat or high stat non fire school quest pet. You will get your pet back every time. Make sure you use your fire wizard for the hatch, though. If you want, I can help with your stats, but with our hatch there is a definite 50/50 chance which pet you get back, since the pet I would be using is also a fire school quest pet.

Regarding losing your jewels due to pet transfer. Personally, I never put a jewel in a pet that is not a completed project and then once the jewel is in, I never transfer it

Happy hatching :)

Mastermind
Apr 13, 2011
MsStake on Jan 4, 2016 wrote:
Yes, you can get your efreet back. Find someone to hatch with who has a max stat or high stat non fire school quest pet. You will get your pet back every time. Make sure you use your fire wizard for the hatch, though. If you want, I can help with your stats, but with our hatch there is a definite 50/50 chance which pet you get back, since the pet I would be using is also a fire school quest pet.

Regarding losing your jewels due to pet transfer. Personally, I never put a jewel in a pet that is not a completed project and then once the jewel is in, I never transfer it

Happy hatching :)
So if I try to hatch my sea dragon with my efreet on my richer ice wizard I can't the efreet back? I thought non-first generation pets had whatever school requirement removed.

Survivor
May 21, 2011
the awesome pyroma... on Jan 5, 2016 wrote:
So if I try to hatch my sea dragon with my efreet on my richer ice wizard I can't the efreet back? I thought non-first generation pets had whatever school requirement removed.
No, sea dragon has nothing to do with what I am talking about. It's important you understand a couple different things. When I say school quest pet, these are the pets that you can only get by a quest. Phoenix, Sun Serpent are two examples for fire. I'm not talking about just a fire pet that you can buy or is dropped by random bosses. Key words are School Quest Pet. Also, self hatching plays differently when trying to get a specific pet back. You can 'carry' an off quest school pet in your backpack, but you 'cannot' equip an off school quest pet. Example: A fire wizard can carry a triton in a backpack but they cannot equip this pet. If you want to see what I'm talking about, when you are not needing your energy transfer your efreet to any wizard that is not a fire wizard. Open your backpack and try to equip this pet and you can see it is not possible.

Hatch with someone who has a non fire quest school pet and you use your fire wizard with efreet equipped. If you transfer your efreet to another wizard due to gold constraints, just make sure you don't use the same school wizard as your friends pet.

Example: You have a friend who has a max stat or high stat (due to your stat boost request) Triton. You use your fire wizard with efreet equipped. He uses his triton which hopefully for helping you, has universal talents pool, so you won't have the chance of getting storm talents put in your pool. You will get your efreet back. Also, ask him go second on the sigil and you have a good chance your stats will boost as well. Keep in mind, transferring your efreet to a non fire, higher level wizard is fine for hatching, but you can't equip it to train it.

I use a max stat 2.0 universal phoenix to help friends max their stats as well as enable them to keep their own pets. If we were to hatch, because you are fire wizard it is a 50/50 chance of which pet you would get.

I hope I was able to explain better and help you in the process

Happy Spiraling

Mastermind
Apr 13, 2011
MsStake on Jan 6, 2016 wrote:
No, sea dragon has nothing to do with what I am talking about. It's important you understand a couple different things. When I say school quest pet, these are the pets that you can only get by a quest. Phoenix, Sun Serpent are two examples for fire. I'm not talking about just a fire pet that you can buy or is dropped by random bosses. Key words are School Quest Pet. Also, self hatching plays differently when trying to get a specific pet back. You can 'carry' an off quest school pet in your backpack, but you 'cannot' equip an off school quest pet. Example: A fire wizard can carry a triton in a backpack but they cannot equip this pet. If you want to see what I'm talking about, when you are not needing your energy transfer your efreet to any wizard that is not a fire wizard. Open your backpack and try to equip this pet and you can see it is not possible.

Hatch with someone who has a non fire quest school pet and you use your fire wizard with efreet equipped. If you transfer your efreet to another wizard due to gold constraints, just make sure you don't use the same school wizard as your friends pet.

Example: You have a friend who has a max stat or high stat (due to your stat boost request) Triton. You use your fire wizard with efreet equipped. He uses his triton which hopefully for helping you, has universal talents pool, so you won't have the chance of getting storm talents put in your pool. You will get your efreet back. Also, ask him go second on the sigil and you have a good chance your stats will boost as well. Keep in mind, transferring your efreet to a non fire, higher level wizard is fine for hatching, but you can't equip it to train it.

I use a max stat 2.0 universal phoenix to help friends max their stats as well as enable them to keep their own pets. If we were to hatch, because you are fire wizard it is a 50/50 chance of which pet you would get.

I hope I was able to explain better and help you in the process

Happy Spiraling
You explained somethings better but I still have questions. do non-first generation pets get there school requirement removed? Like if I manage to get my efreet back thus a second generation with parents and stuff does it lack the school requirement like its father efreet? I am not under any means trying to get a hybrid because I know what it takes to get one.

P.S. Thanks you for all the replies and help

Survivor
May 21, 2011
the awesome pyroma... on Jan 6, 2016 wrote:
You explained somethings better but I still have questions. do non-first generation pets get there school requirement removed? Like if I manage to get my efreet back thus a second generation with parents and stuff does it lack the school requirement like its father efreet? I am not under any means trying to get a hybrid because I know what it takes to get one.

P.S. Thanks you for all the replies and help
No, it does not matter how many times you hatch an Efreet, it will always be a school quest pet if it stays an Efreet.

The ONLY way the fire school quest Efreet would become available for equipping on any school wizard is if it is hatched to create a hybrid. Once they become a hybrid they become unique. You mentioned you know what it takes to get one, so for the assistance of anyone else who may be reading this who does not know, I will share how it's possible to obtain a hybrid efreet.

These are the known hatches which can be done to obtain a hybrid Efreet. Note: all these Efreet hybrids are hatched with other school quest pets only.

Genie (Hatched with Mythical Basilisk)
Jinn (Hatched with Mammoth)
Marid (Hatched with Triton)

If you hatch these other school quest pets with the Efreet, you may get one of these hybrids which don't look like the efreet.
Fire Gnome (Hatched with Gnome)
Infernal Chimera (Hatched with Chimera)
Magma Dragon (Hatched with Bone Dragon)

Mastermind
Apr 13, 2011
Thank you very much for your help I think I know everything I need to now! I hatch on my ice wizard who has a good gold income, hopefully get an efreet and transfer it to my fire wizard for training and slowly but surely I will get my perfect pet! Thank you!