Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

im so confused with breeding

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 05, 2015
i have tried to get a pet with (Critical strike, Fire giver, Fire Dealer, fairy or sprite, Spell proof/pain,)

But i cant even get 1 of the correct stat when hatching a baby, im not sure i have wasted alot of Crowns for snacks but tried in the 2 Days to get my Dream fire pet i Always end up with crap talents....

this killing the fun for me and im losing hope for this... what am i actually making wrong?

and im only breeding with myself, no one want to be nice to hatch with me who got the Dream stats i want

Survivor
Dec 30, 2014
Well, are you hatching two pets that have at least some of the stats that you want? It will obviously only work if you hatch a pet with another that has the stats you want. If it doesn't have the stats you want when you hatch it with another pet, then you're newly hatched pet will not have the stats you want.

Also, pet training can take some time, unless you're stupendously lucky. In order to make the "dream" pet, you will need a lot of snacks and gold, because it won't always give you all the stats you want on the first try. It will take some time. However, if you do get the dream pet you want after all of that, it may be worth it.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Welcome to the world of pet hatching.

For those talents, unless you happen to find someone with those particular talents (btw, they are not called 'stats'. Stats are numbers), you're going to have to find a way to hatch with yourself and others to be able to get all the talents you want on your pet.

If you do this (make your own specialized pet), it can take a very long time. I know someone who finally got all the talents they wanted (10) plus max stat (250), and it took them just over two years to accomplish.

I've been trying to change a few of my standard talent set, and so far it's taken me a year to get exactly what I want.

Survivor
Jul 05, 2015
The epic duck, its not like that i cant look at "wikipedia" on what talents a pet gives, so yes ofcourse i know the pet actually have that talent ^^

Just that i never get any of the good talents im looking for (fire giver, pain, spellproof, fairy, critical strike)

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
MarreSwedush on Feb 1, 2016 wrote:
The epic duck, its not like that i cant look at "wikipedia" on what talents a pet gives, so yes ofcourse i know the pet actually have that talent ^^

Just that i never get any of the good talents im looking for (fire giver, pain, spellproof, fairy, critical strike)
The Duck was just trying to emphasize the fact that at least one of the parent pets must have the talent you want in order for the talent to (possibly) manifest in the offspring. You never mentioned which pet(s) you're using to hatch so the readers can't tell from your post if you know what you're doing or not, and believe me there are a lot of folks who don't. I've seen people post that they're frustrated because they didn't get Spritely on their Stray Piggle when it's not in the Piggle's talent pool.
I'm sure no offense was intended.

Survivor
Mar 11, 2012
My question is, how do you get multiple of the same kind of talents. Like having multiple attack talents.

Survivor
Jul 05, 2015
TucsonWizard i really believe he can defend himself if he didnt mean anything "rude", you dont have to speak for him, Thanks.

And i know exactly what im talking about its not like im understand about the process of actually breeding but the actually process why i never get the talents from the "hatched" pet, it always end up with crap talents, the last week now i have made over 25 hatches and i still never gotten 2 good "talents" on 1 pet.

Survivor
Dec 30, 2014
Oops! Sorry for calling them stats! They are talents.

And also, I did not mean to be rude at all. I was saying that just in case you didn't know. I meant no offense, and was just trying to help. Sorry.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
MarreSwedush on Feb 3, 2016 wrote:
TucsonWizard i really believe he can defend himself if he didnt mean anything "rude", you dont have to speak for him, Thanks.

And i know exactly what im talking about its not like im understand about the process of actually breeding but the actually process why i never get the talents from the "hatched" pet, it always end up with crap talents, the last week now i have made over 25 hatches and i still never gotten 2 good "talents" on 1 pet.
Alrighty then, good luck. Maybe you'll get your dream pet on the next try. Or.... maybe not. Just know that the people who respond on these forums are, for the most part, only trying to be helpful. There's no reason to get defensive. Most people aren't mind readers so when limited info is offered it's sometimes difficult to judge what the poster is or isn't aware of. There are many people who've gone through exactly what you're trying to do. I'm one of them, and I can't walk through my properties without tripping over dozens of failed or marginally successful pets. Expect failure to be the predominant result of your efforts... that way you can't be disappointed.

Survivor
Mar 09, 2013
MarreSwedush on Jan 30, 2016 wrote:
i have tried to get a pet with (Critical strike, Fire giver, Fire Dealer, fairy or sprite, Spell proof/pain,)

But i cant even get 1 of the correct stat when hatching a baby, im not sure i have wasted alot of Crowns for snacks but tried in the 2 Days to get my Dream fire pet i Always end up with crap talents....

this killing the fun for me and im losing hope for this... what am i actually making wrong?

and im only breeding with myself, no one want to be nice to hatch with me who got the Dream stats i want
you are making yourself confused, let me show you my list of whats going wrong:

1.no pet is perfect there can be flaws,but just accept that as it is,it may even help you.
2.the may not want to hatch with you because they want stats that they want,the may think its useless.
3.you are not breeding the right pet.( EX:i bred my jade oni with ladybug and got oni i did not want)
4.it takes patience to hatch,feed,train,raise and breed a pet and you are just rushing it all. try this,breed your pet with a high cost pet and then a low cost pet(cost to breed), then see what pet is better with stats you want. higher cost may give better stats,lower cost may give bad,unwanted stats.

and thats it report back when you have tried these things.

-lvl 42