Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I'm a bit of a pet noob

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 08, 2008
I'm just going to start the post off with this: I am a noob at hatching and training pets. I have recently come back to the game after a very extended break, and I now realize that with all of the new challenges that there I now I need a much better pet than the one that I currently have. I never really took the time to learn the ins-and-outs of pet training, and I don't really know how to breed out garbage talents in favor of helpful ones. I'm a level 72 storm wizard and I'm currently working with a mediocre-ish first generation sea dragon, but I feel like it is finally time to upgrade to something a little more suited to my needs. I'm looking to make a pet with storm damage and universal resist but I do not really know where to start, or how to find people who will hatch with my less than favorable pet. If anyone has any helpful tips to share, or would even be willing to hatch with me if you are feeling extra generous, I would really appreciate it!

Thanks for taking time to read this post !

Explorer
Oct 12, 2010
It's pretty hard to find someone with a pet with all damage and universal resist, but that would be your best guess. You could always do it the hard way, get Storm damage talents and universal damage with your class exclusive pets then get a pet with universal resist and mix breed them until they get the stats you're looking for.

~Mark Shadowcloud lvl 110 Storm~