Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ice Pets

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 25, 2009
I know this isn't Pet Pavilion but i am a lvl 9 and i was wondering what is a good ice pet.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
AuraSphereRiolu on Jun 8, 2013 wrote:
I know this isn't Pet Pavilion but i am a lvl 9 and i was wondering what is a good ice pet.
Do the Penny Dreadful quest(s) for your blue cyclops. I've had a lot of luck with those free little guys.

Most of the others are available either as drops or either the crown shop/hoard packs.

the list of Ice pets is here:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Category:First_Generation_Ice_Pets

Survivor
Jan 18, 2012
If you mean a pet that is good, specifically for Ice wizards - I'd recommend the Snow Beast. The 'Beast' pets can be found in the Hoard of the Hydra Pack. This pet is ideal for early Ice wizards since you don't get your school blade for a long time (level 38). If you don't want to spend the crowns on the pack, then look for someone to hatch with the Snow Beast in the Hatchery.

I have a Snow Beast I'd be willing to hatch with you that has: spell-proof, spell-defying, spritely, fairy friend, and balanceblade card. I custom made this pet for my son's ice mage. Good luck!

Explorer
Dec 20, 2012
AuraSphereRiolu on Jun 8, 2013 wrote:
if your parents are willing to buy you a bundle, buy the Winterbane Gauntlet bundle, the pet gives a slightly less powerful Woolly Mammoth Spell, or buy Hoard of the Hydra Packs until you get a Snow Beast pet. It gives Iceblade. If you have a membership, ask a friend to go to Celestia, and buy the Starfish pet, it costs 10,000 gold, but its worth it ( I bought three )

Fallon Sky lvl 18

Survivor
Apr 12, 2010
I think you should wait until Easter time and get a pet egg from Eggbert who is in the shopping district around Easter time. Its a really good pet for an ice wizard to use, it gives you the tower shield card once you get it, and eventually once you train it enough it can give you the blizzard card which is stronger than the original card and has a 100% chance to hit! I really enjoy mine!!! ; Carlos SilverHeart, level 40 wizard.

Survivor
Jul 14, 2012
I know how you feel. Im looking for a good ice pet as well. If anyone with a nice ice pet is willing to hatch, I have some decent pets