Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I just realized something

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 30, 2011
Everyone knows the pet hatching scientist cat Dr.Purreau, the cat who makes all of the various strange combinations of pet breeds that we throw at him work. However not many people know of the real life book the Island of Dr.Moreau, it was written in like 1895 and it is about a guy who is shipwrecked and gets brought to an island run by a man named Dr.Moreau. Dr.Moreau basically does vivisection experiments between human and animal crosses to make beast-men of all sorts. Beyond that doesn't matter but Dr.PURReau is just supposed to be a cat reference to him being similar to dr.Moreau because they both try to combine very different species. Obviously Kingsisle isn't trying to make too direct a connection but I just felt like sharing this because I am guessing a lot of people didn't pick up on it.

What about everyone else's thoughts on it, it seems to obvious to just be random coincidence in my opinion.

Nathan stormthief 125 87

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
H algar on Nov 1, 2018 wrote:
Everyone knows the pet hatching scientist cat Dr.Purreau, the cat who makes all of the various strange combinations of pet breeds that we throw at him work. However not many people know of the real life book the Island of Dr.Moreau, it was written in like 1895 and it is about a guy who is shipwrecked and gets brought to an island run by a man named Dr.Moreau. Dr.Moreau basically does vivisection experiments between human and animal crosses to make beast-men of all sorts. Beyond that doesn't matter but Dr.PURReau is just supposed to be a cat reference to him being similar to dr.Moreau because they both try to combine very different species. Obviously Kingsisle isn't trying to make too direct a connection but I just felt like sharing this because I am guessing a lot of people didn't pick up on it.

What about everyone else's thoughts on it, it seems to obvious to just be random coincidence in my opinion.

Nathan stormthief 125 87
Yeah it's a great play on words! Notice that Dr Moreau sounds a little like Dr meow! I love how KI throws in these fun references with clever twists to them

The Island of Doctor Moreau was written by H.G. Wells and is still a good read 120 years later!

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
H algar on Nov 1, 2018 wrote:

Nathan stormthief 125 87
Good thought! I've never heard of that story, but I'm happy you did!