Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I Feel Cheated!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 22, 2012
I would like to say I have spent so much money first off buying packs, armor, bundles and pets. Hundreds of dollars. Not to mention I pay for all my kids to play this and to play pirates.

I finally found a really good pet so I thought, and bought the prehistoric pack before it even came out online. I bought this pack Not for the Tree House that is for sure, or even the useless armor it came with, yet I only bought this for the one reason and it was for the 3 cards it gave and an added plus a pet I loved which is the Babydactyl.

I am Death Class first off but decided to make other wizards, and the one I have been diligently working on is my Storm atm. The Babydactyl Gives 3 cards. One at Baby which is a Storm Blade, Adult= Storm Beetle, and finally Epic= Storman. I bought this because it use to give all 3 cards.

I have worked hours upon hours upon hours to train this pet also hours upon hours to take the time to farm the gold to hatch this pet to make a perfect useful pet not to mention I loved this cute pet. I spent weeks and months trying to farm the gold for hatching. I have bought many Mega snacks packs and spent sooooo much real money for what? A useless pet that not only did wizard take away the cards I earned in training but nowwww allllll my pets ironically do not heal even like they use too. I am so so so frustrated I will not buy anymore crowns or pet or even the bundles because I see something that is going on that is not fair to us as players. I am disheartened and sooooo frustrated I cannot believe you guys have done this. There should be pets that are grandfathered in or it should just be left alone period. There should not be changes to any of these pets and they were working all just fine at One time.

I want the pets sprite and heals to heal like they use to. This is not fair!!!! This isn't just one of my pets that do not heal good now, this is all of my pets. They are all dead and do not heal like they use to not to mention all the cards that come with Babydactyl have been taken away, all but the one we get at adult which is not all that. I FEEL soooooooo cheated and ripped off for the money and time spent for this one pet. I am tired of it.

Also took me 3 whole days to farm one TC I needed to craft my storm armor. Its as if there is a clock and wizard knows what we need to in order to keep customers longer or in need they are taking away the things that made this game fun. Its not fun to keep working for something that ends up useless anyway. So why try and invest anymore time or money in them anymore.

Truly Frustrated loyal Customer for now,
Sestiva

Administrator
Please see the Game Update Notes for the upcoming release:
https://www.wizard101.com/game/update-notes/november2013

Some pets were replacing their spells as they leveled up, instead of adding spells. The following pets will now receive multiple spells as they level up:
  • Babydactyl (from the Prehistoric Bundle Card)
  • Stegosaurus (from the Dino Bundle Card)
  • Velociraptor (from the Skyvern's Hoard Pack)
  • Therizinosaurus (from the Crown Shop)
  • Leaf Foot (from the Shaman’s Lore Pack)
  • Frilled Lizard (from the Crown Shop)
  • Penumbra Drake (from the Nightmare Pack)
  • Harpy (from a boss in Aquila)

community@wizard101.com
Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Altho your card issue does seem like it will be fixed I have a feeling Spritely will never be what it was. What is done is done and there is no going back. Not everyone is having the problem either.

We have several pets on assorted wizards that had Spritely and really they have just become ornaments. Most don't cast Spritely at all any more.

In blocks of questing 2-4 hours some pets do not Spritely even once. The most I had my Leopard cast was twice in 4 hours of questing. Of course it may just be us?

A newer Ice wizard I am questing with doesn't even have Spritely in the Starfish pet she has and I actually prefer knowing it can't over waiting for it to cast when I need it tease.

Fortunately we don't spend crowns or a lot of anything on pets so to have Spritely hosed down on us isn't a great loss just a disappointment. It also puts a lot less pressure on pet training.

Survivor
Sep 07, 2010
I feed my pets gear and mega snacks regularly to keep them happy... i get mega snacks from farming evil magma peas

Survivor
Oct 19, 2013
You should not feel 'Cheated' because these were simple changes to the game to encourage players to train their pets to help and keep happy . I believe the pet only casts spells if it has been regularly 'Cared' for the A.I may be programmed that way .

Duncan LegendShield Pet Trainer

Survivor
Apr 22, 2012
Well spritely unfortunately and sadly should not be just a ornament and true most kids can not afford crowns to buy other pets. There are those intense times like fighting the bosses and in a dungeon you really need it the most and your frantically spamming the "Good Girl or Boy" menu chat in hopes the pet hears you and the next thing you know WHAM you have been defeated lol without one heal. I have had to hire a few henchman now and then, and Salvus has saved me, but for other kids that do not have the funds to afford henchman even, rely on their pets. I have started a pet graveyard and its sad for all the ones that quit working lol. And I feed them all the snacks they love and like. I also have a grip of couch and magma peas I tend to on an everyday basis. Pretty soon they will need their own Pet Retirement home because my houses are running out of space lol.

But as far as the pets that came with multi spells I would love to see that fixed. I grew up with the saying
"if it ain't broke don't fix it". The sprite wasn't broke it worked wonders and saved us and did its job like it should have for all these five years that KI has been out. I am a pet collector I love making a science out of hatching and seeing what talents I can get them to have and well just think they are the cutest things as well lol. I hope this update comes soon.

Faithful Wizard,
Sestiva

Explorer
Sep 19, 2010
I feel your pain with the pets. For the longest time I didn't think I would ever get one. When I finally did, I about fell off my chair in excitement. I could only imagine how I would feel if that pet stopped working.

Explorer
May 17, 2010
I think it is awesome the KI added all the cards to those pets. I assumed that the pets were designed so that as the pet got older, it got a "better" card. I understand how people may have specifically wanted that particular card when they spent crowns and have a valid concern. So whether KI really intended the pets to get multiple cards or not, I think it is awesome that we get them now. TY KI
As for spritely, my understanding is that the only change made was that the pet will not cast it if the wizard is already at full health. I understand that spritetly was getting crazy with some pets casting it sooooo often and sometimes multiple times in a row that it was causing battles to drag on and such. So I applaud KI for doing something to help...
However, of all the healing spells, that is the only one (oops, that and life bat) that might be useful to be cast when at full health. There are times when it was cast just before getting hit and would provide 1, 2 or even 3 rounds of healing even though it was initially cast at full health. But the other healing may casts (fairy, unicorn, and healing current; but not life bat) don't and can't help, so why are those still being cast when the wizard (or in the case of unicorn, the whole team) is at full health?

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
Sestiva 101 on Nov 16, 2013 wrote:
Well spritely unfortunately and sadly should not be just a ornament and true most kids can not afford crowns to buy other pets. There are those intense times like fighting the bosses and in a dungeon you really need it the most and your frantically spamming the "Good Girl or Boy" menu chat in hopes the pet hears you and the next thing you know WHAM you have been defeated lol without one heal. I have had to hire a few henchman now and then, and Salvus has saved me, but for other kids that do not have the funds to afford henchman even, rely on their pets. I have started a pet graveyard and its sad for all the ones that quit working lol. And I feed them all the snacks they love and like. I also have a grip of couch and magma peas I tend to on an everyday basis. Pretty soon they will need their own Pet Retirement home because my houses are running out of space lol.

But as far as the pets that came with multi spells I would love to see that fixed. I grew up with the saying
"if it ain't broke don't fix it". The sprite wasn't broke it worked wonders and saved us and did its job like it should have for all these five years that KI has been out. I am a pet collector I love making a science out of hatching and seeing what talents I can get them to have and well just think they are the cutest things as well lol. I hope this update comes soon.

Faithful Wizard,
Sestiva
Have you ever seen a player with a full circle of spritely rings around them? This, although not necessarily to this extent, was probably why Kingsisle changed spritely. PVE and PVP were getting dragged out because of pets, and it was getting annoying. I was in favor of a nerf to spritely, as I have always thought that pets have healed too much. If you need your pet to save you in a battle, and it does, I consider that a win because of luck rather than skill, and I hate that. In my opinion, every battle should be won by skill. There is some luck involved, such as cards coming up, but that can be manipulated by discarding, and that requires skill. Pet heals are random, can ruin strategies in pvp, and require no skill to use. I am glad they nerfed sprite, even if it wasn't as much of a nerf as I was hoping for.