Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I enjoy waiting 6 HOURS to use my pet!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 18, 2009
Ok i like farming for pets but then the hatching thing
I 100% agree that its really insaine to wait 6 hours just to get a pet
and why is a tree hatching from a egg "TREE'S DONT HATCH WIZARD101 THEY GROW"

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
FlipFredFredBurger wrote:
IamLezul wrote:
lisiedawn wrote:

JK

I agree this whole hatching thing is overated

My kid and I actually had an argument over the pet hatching. He finished up his level 48 death quests and got his wraith pet, only to find it was an egg with a hatch time of like 16 hours. I don't remember the hatch time, but I do remember that it was scheduled to hatch at 2am, and he wanted to stay up for it. He was like, "I've done all these quests, and I want to see my pet!" And I was like, "I get it! But you're still not staying up till 2am!" I dunno, maybe it's a lesson in patience. Or maybe it's just a new and interesting way to torture little kids. *sigh*
I understand what you mean. I was babysitting my cousin while his mother has to do something. I was watching the fillipino channel when he was cheering.

So i asked him what was going on.

He said "my helephant is gonna hatch and be so awesome."

I said "cool...what time does it hatch?"

He said 3:50 AM

Here is what me (and probably him were feeling)

, , , :|

because he couldnt see his own pet hatch because he was supposed to be in bed by 9:00 sharp.

because i was trying to explain why he couldnt see his pet hatch

is the response that he had when i had to...let him know

:| because I was appuled he needed to wait like 6 hours to see his own pet.

I'm happy i got my orthrus before this because i am not the most paitent of people. And i felt bad that me and KI broke his heart.

Totally. I hate dissapointing my little brothers. The look on their face (which is a mixture of :x :( :-o ) makes me feel guilty sometimes. Like I was the trouble-maker and usually, I wasn't a single part of it.

KI, this is supposed to be a KIDS game. So why ruin it for them? There is no fun to the game if it ALL costs money, time, and effort.
Yeah now he hates me. He bit my hand about 3 times! man I have like 5 stiches. Dumb inherited shark like teeth!

He BIT you? Gotta say thats a tad harsh. Well, is he like little? That would make more sense. But geez, man.

Survivor
Apr 09, 2010
IamLezul wrote:
dood123456 wrote:
IamLezul wrote:
dood123456 wrote:
IamLezul wrote:
What the heck is going on around here! First pets now "hatch" from an egg which is totally stupid and unrealistic. How can my ghost "hatch" from an egg? I believe animals are born when they come from an egg, unless I have turned wacko. I also believe my ghost is dead. So how, then, can my dead ghost suddenly get born again from an egg? Rubbish! (as Simon cowell would say.)

Then I have to wait 6 hours to wait until I can show off my banshee that I spent so much time on getting!

I already am mad as heck because the whole crowns thing, now KI has to torture me with this? Sheesh!

Yours (not) Truly,

A fed up player

Well your talking about stuff being unrealistic? But what game are you complaing about? I mean I don't remember seeing wizards riding dragons and holding staffs with wildabeasts following them, or casting wraiths and undead creatures or young wizards fighting tall people in a undead deserted city surrounded by lava...I don't that's just me speaking....and I like how they hatch it gives me time to think about it and something to look forward too.

Yah, I know its a game and its not real itself. But I myself (with lots of reading knowledge about wizards) know that the idea of a "wizarding world" has to do with all that magical stuff, where as a ghost coming out of an egg is off point.

Well yes that you have a point to, but how else would you like the ghost to hatch? I mean it's no problem to me if the undead come out of eggs if you ask me..

I wouldn't like them to hatch at all. Dead or living. I think it is cheesey and dumb.

woh woh woh hey now your playing a game about MAGIC on an COMPUTER i mean come on this game is mostly entinded for children 6-14 i know that adults play this and i know teenagers play this but seriousley kids (like myself) enjoy things coming out of eggs and training a ghost or zombie and being able to live with something the waited for and hatched themselves so how old are you may i ask 16 18 or 30 i mean you sound like an adult and this might be a hobbie for you but if you dont like an ghost coming out of an egg i have som choices with you 1. dont get involed in pets at all 2. do not by/hatch pets or quit the game now stop trying to take the fun out of hatching a ghost :).

Survivor
Nov 21, 2008
Being a mom and grandma myself *blush at age and playing wizards*..but there is a strong point to be made here..One the fact that it WAS pretty much intended for children and young teens. So in regards to hatch times..maybe instead of a time it could be some major type quest (knowing that would take alot of technological work) BUT..that would keep the younger ones on another quest and still be able to get to bed in time. And you would only have to wait as long as the quest would take you to complete...And as far as it being an egg, I would have to agree with the poster that said that maybe a ghost could come from a grave..thats a VERY good idea. The crowns thing and soooooo many people buying into sections and areas at lower levels.. I am all for everyone playing whenever, however, but I DID subcribe and have been for over two years now..I have tried to keep my patience level at bay. But when I see my money come out every month and to see like the one poster said WE get no incentives at all just pay that monthly bill and play ..Oh im ranting sorry ..my 2 cents worth

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
2700masters wrote:
IamLezul wrote:
dood123456 wrote:
IamLezul wrote:
dood123456 wrote:
IamLezul wrote:
What the heck is going on around here! First pets now "hatch" from an egg which is totally stupid and unrealistic. How can my ghost "hatch" from an egg? I believe animals are born when they come from an egg, unless I have turned wacko. I also believe my ghost is dead. So how, then, can my dead ghost suddenly get born again from an egg? Rubbish! (as Simon cowell would say.)

Then I have to wait 6 hours to wait until I can show off my banshee that I spent so much time on getting!

I already am mad as heck because the whole crowns thing, now KI has to torture me with this? Sheesh!

Yours (not) Truly,

A fed up player

Well your talking about stuff being unrealistic? But what game are you complaing about? I mean I don't remember seeing wizards riding dragons and holding staffs with wildabeasts following them, or casting wraiths and undead creatures or young wizards fighting tall people in a undead deserted city surrounded by lava...I don't that's just me speaking....and I like how they hatch it gives me time to think about it and something to look forward too.

Yah, I know its a game and its not real itself. But I myself (with lots of reading knowledge about wizards) know that the idea of a "wizarding world" has to do with all that magical stuff, where as a ghost coming out of an egg is off point.

Well yes that you have a point to, but how else would you like the ghost to hatch? I mean it's no problem to me if the undead come out of eggs if you ask me..

I wouldn't like them to hatch at all. Dead or living. I think it is cheesey and dumb.

how old are you may i ask 16 18 or 30 i mean you sound like an adult

tehe! Thank you for that laugh! But, I'm sorry, I am not telling!

Delver
Mar 19, 2009
I agree 100% with IamLezul.

I've played COUNTLESS amounts of RPG's. I noticed that they update their offers for a subscribtion. KI when was the last time you updated your perks to subscribers? Let me guess, the second day KI opened?

I've never seen a game that offers less to their subscribers.

Also I noticed that lots of people are quoting me talking about me being dumb unsubscribing. You know what? Read what I say and actually be a decent level and subscribe for more than five minuites before quoting me

So KI common. I understand you need money to keep Wizard101 running, but offering more to the average crowns player than the subscriber that pays WAY MORE.

Honestly, there isn't much 'Crowns' Related (unless you're an impatient player which seems to be the case) about the update. Something tells me you subscribed for 2 days because you obiously dont understand how us subscribers are penalized.

I agree with you guys that's why I'm actually not play Wiz101 until Celestia comes out. The game is boring now and now to make it worse we've have to wait forevers so we can get a new pet that doesn't give us new or improved stats...

Yours truely,
A very upset and bored player

Delver
Mar 19, 2009
Okay here is my opinion... KI needs to make like a maybe 5 minute wait for hatching (or just no eggs at all would be ) Anyway, a lot of people only have the chance to play 10 minutes here and 30 minutes there so waiting that long is annoying!!! Some people (like ME!!!) have an over scheduled day and don't get to play the game often, and with the game getting worse and worse I consider quitting for a couple months (which I already started doing a month after I hit grandmaster...)

Here's how I've been feeling about the game since I started a year ago...

, :D :) :? :( to as mad as can be!!!

Defender
Feb 16, 2009
Look on the bright side

I just got a pet that takes 18 hours to hatch.

EIGHTEEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And am I complaining?

Here's a hint... NO!!!!!!!!!!!!

And also, no. I won't follow in your footsteps. I would rather learn Tempest to wash away your footsteps, summon a Helephant to burn the remaining footsteps to a crisp, wait 18 hours, put the ashes in a cake, feed the cake to my newly hatched pet, kill the pet, search for any remaining information or pictures of your footsteps, tear them up, and bury them millions of feet underground.

The egg idea is awesome.

Have you relized this, the ghosts are a SPECIES!!!!!!!! Breed two ghosts, and you don't get a living person, you get a ghost.

Deal with it, Lezul

Kyle Firefist

One of the many patient wizards in the spiral

Defender
May 02, 2010
This is not a realistic RPG game here. I enjoy waiting for my eggs to hatch, and nearly all of them take just a few hours so I can just sleep it off and see my new pet the next day!

Defender
Dec 28, 2009
I don't understand why does the hatch time matter. If it was shorter, would you sit there at you computer, staring at the egg and drooling, waiting for it to break (lol). Just get off the computer and do something else, like play a game. For the poster who said that his brother was really sad because he didn't see it hatch, he can wake up in the morning and it will be there! Just my opinion.

Delver
Mar 19, 2009
Junebug838 wrote:
This is not a realistic RPG game here. I enjoy waiting for my eggs to hatch, and nearly all of them take just a few hours so I can just sleep it off and see my new pet the next day!

See that's what I think I kinda like the enthusiastic feeling that you get, the problem is the players who can't wait especially the young ones. They will fight until they see there new pet...

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
dounut789 wrote:
Look on the bright side

And am I complaining?

And also, no. I won't follow in your footsteps. I would rather learn Tempest to wash away your footsteps, summon a Helephant to burn the remaining footsteps to a crisp, wait 18 hours, put the ashes in a cake, feed the cake to my newly hatched pet, kill the pet, search for any remaining information or pictures of your footsteps, tear them up, and bury them millions of feet underground.

The egg idea is awesome.

Have you relized this, the ghosts are a SPECIES!!!!!!!! Breed two ghosts, and you don't get a living person, you get a ghost.

Deal with it, Lezul

Kyle Firefist

Oh, please. You would do anything to follow in my footsteps.

Squire
Jul 08, 2009
ThePieMaster wrote:
I agree 100% with IamLezul.

I've played COUNTLESS amounts of RPG's. I noticed that they update their offers for a subscribtion. KI when was the last time you updated your perks to subscribers? Let me guess, the second day KI opened?

I've never seen a game that offers less to their subscribers.

Also I noticed that lots of people are quoting me talking about me being dumb unsubscribing. You know what? Read what I say and actually be a decent level and subscribe for more than five minuites before quoting me

So KI common. I understand you need money to keep Wizard101 running, but offering more to the average crowns player than the subscriber that pays WAY MORE.

Honestly, there isn't much 'Crowns' Related (unless you're an impatient player which seems to be the case) about the update. Something tells me you subscribed for 2 days because you obiously dont understand how us subscribers are penalized.

I agree with you guys that's why I'm actually not play Wiz101 until Celestia comes out. The game is boring now and now to make it worse we've have to wait forevers so we can get a new pet that doesn't give us new or improved stats...

Yours truely,
A very upset and bored player
exactly :-)

Survivor
Jul 24, 2009
Personally I feel that the hatch time doesn't really hinder the game. You worked so hard to get the egg, many of which require either hours of farming or extremely good luck, and now you have to wait a little bit longer. It's not like at the end of the wait time you don't Get the egg. Once the egg is in your possession, it is yours. All that farming, and you aren't left with Just an egg, you are left with your future pet, because eventually it Will hatch. Now the problem with waiting a full day even. I don't see how that really matters. It's just one day, go about your day as if the pet isn't there, sleep it off, and when you get back your pet will either be waiting for you, or a good chunk of time closer to hatching. As far as the nostalgia of wanting to be there when your pet hatches, I don't really see any need for it. When your pet hatches all that happens is a little message pops up on the side of your screen, as if you got any other item, and your egg turned into a pet in your inventory. So what is the difference of seeing your pet the minute it hatches, or the minute you get on?

Now for the idea of hatching ghosts from graves and such, while I personally think this idea is something that would be entertaining, it isn't something we really need with a game like this. A baby animal hatching from an egg is something that is understood by most young children, but that ghosts come up from the remains of the dead is a little bit more controversial. Having a cute little ghost come from an egg is a lot more family friendly then having one rise up from the grave. Although like I said before it does seem more entertaining.

As for questing to get the pets to hatch, I for one do not want to get my level 48 pet after doing the quest to get it, and only find out now i have to do Another quest to hatch it. Besides that, requiring a quest to get the pet to hatch makes it so the many, many free users cannot have Many of the new pets. What if they are a crown user, and they haven't unlocked the area required for the quest, but they used their crowns to get the pet? They spent money on something they wanted just to find out, they can't have it. That is a lot more of a let down then finding out you have to wait 16 hours for an egg to hatch. So who do you think is going to be more disappointed, the kid that didn't get to stay up until 2 am. to see their pet hatch, or the kid that bought a pet to find out he cannot make it hatch?

Just some ideas on it all.

Delver
Mar 19, 2009
Umrag wrote:
I don't understand why does the hatch time matter. If it was shorter, would you sit there at you computer, staring at the egg and drooling, waiting for it to break (lol). Just get off the computer and do something else, like play a game. For the poster who said that his brother was really sad because he didn't see it hatch, he can wake up in the morning and it will be there! Just my opinion.

See but the problem is there are those addicted players like I used to be, that MUST see the pet the moment it hatches... I mean like most people I would just sleep it off... But KI should at least make it only a 1-4 hour wait.

Defender
May 08, 2009
For some pets, you actually have to wait for one whole day(24 hours!)...

I honestly don't mind waiting for my pet to hatch,especially one that you specifically mixed.It builds a sort of suspense and wonder...

But,for more impatient people,I think the max should be something like 4 hours. or something.

Survivor
May 02, 2010
I like the wait. It makes me excited just knowing in a few hours i'll have a pet waiting for me. You know the anticipation. Like going up a rollercoaster just waiting for the rush down. Just not so exciting.
It is just a few hours. It is summer go to a party or outside. Maybe it's a way to get kids to get off the computer for awhile. My parents get mad at me all the time for being on the computer so it was a nice change to just get off the computer.
I cant wait for my pet to hatch when I get back from my party.
lol(no one knows I play this so I still go to partys) :-D

Maybe for a long time player it would be boring but I just started so it's fun.

It is pretty cool because it is not like world of warcraft where you have to play for a year to get to level 30.

So to those who think they have patience but are fed up get over it.

Explorer
Dec 18, 2008
IamLezul wrote:
dounut789 wrote:
Look on the bright side

And am I complaining?

The egg idea is awesome.

Deal with it, Lezul

Kyle Firefist

OH ROASTING SESSION!! Just playing around but come on guys it's a game and your how do you say fighting? I mean so far nothing has happened but I mean sheesh there are mare matters to settling this like oh Derby PvP instead of having a yelling contest or typing what ever you prefer.

Explorer
Dec 19, 2008
Okay, I actually like the waiting time...

I don't know if this sounds weird at all, but I like to make up little stories that my pets act out in my castle. XD My danger hound, Lord Kobe, is usually the hero who is trying to save the pet egg from the evil tribe of bears. (All my wizard101 membership cards come with those)

Also, I have a stuff to do other then wizard101. It's summer, I don't spend all of my time on Wizard101. I usually go swimming for about 3-4 hours, I go to friends houses a lot, and I play other games, too.

If you're finding it hard to wait for your egg, I suggest finding something else to do then. Get your mind off the egg and have some fun, rather then squeezing that stress ball until the stuffing pops out.

Also, to all of those members who are quitting soon, I'm sorry that your upset over this, but I just don't see why you are. I mean, this isn't anything requirred. If your at level 50 and have nothing else to do, the pet system is here so your left over gold has some worth to it. Though i get impatient, too, my friends online are fun to play with.

Rachel Rainhaven level 50 storm
Jennifer Angleweaver level 49 ice

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
dood123456 wrote:
IamLezul wrote:
dounut789 wrote:
Look on the bright side

And am I complaining?

The egg idea is awesome.

Deal with it, Lezul

Kyle Firefist

OH ROASTING SESSION!! Just playing around but come on guys it's a game and your how do you say fighting? I mean so far nothing has happened but I mean sheesh there are mare matters to settling this like oh Derby PvP instead of having a yelling contest or typing what ever you prefer.

Hehe I'm not fighting. I'm boasting about how awesome I am! 8) News flash! Theres a difference!

Oh blush, hold the applause, I will give out autographs later. lol

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
IamLezul wrote:
dood123456 wrote:
IamLezul wrote:
dounut789 wrote:
Look on the bright side

And am I complaining?

The egg idea is awesome.

Deal with it, Lezul

Kyle Firefist

Hehe I'm not fighting. I'm boasting about how awesome I am! 8) News flash! Theres a difference!

Oh blush, hold the applause, I will give out autographs later. lol

No, thank you!

Survivor
Jun 16, 2009
:(
IamLezul wrote:

Yours (not) Truly,

A fed up player

well maybe the egg is pieces of ancient wall put together in an egg form, could be an egg for the ghost to hatch out of to walk on land once again, that explains the ghost egg thing. now i'm telling you why every pet hatches out of a egg, so you dont have to watch another pet give birth! did i just say that out loud :?

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
ezmrelda3 wrote:
IamLezul wrote:

Yours (not) Truly,

A fed up player

well maybe the egg is pieces of ancient wall put together in an egg form, could be an egg for the ghost to hatch out of to walk on land once again, that explains the ghost egg thing. now i'm telling you why every pet hatches out of a egg, so you dont have to watch another pet give birth! did i just say that out loud :?

I have no idea what you are talking about......

Delver
Mar 19, 2009
IamLezul wrote:
ezmrelda3 wrote:
IamLezul wrote:

Yours (not) Truly,

A fed up player

I have no idea what you are talking about......

Yeah I am completly lost...

Defender
Feb 16, 2009
IamLezul wrote:
dounut789 wrote:
Look on the bright side

And am I complaining?

The egg idea is awesome.

Deal with it, Lezul

Kyle Firefist

Um, no. You're wrong.

Dude, think about it, if you want 6 hours to pass, turn off the computer, go outside, and do something other than staring at the wait time ticking down.

Kyle Firefist