Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hybrid matching confusion

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 10, 2014
Does hatching two pets which are known to produce hybrids, not always result in those hybrids? Can they produce just the parents instead?

I hatched my Orthrus with an friend's Hydra a few days ago and was expecting either a Cerberus or Basilisk (as stated on the wiki). Yet I just got another Orthrus.

Thanks for the help.

Explorer
Jan 23, 2014
Aeolus21 on Jan 18, 2015 wrote:
Does hatching two pets which are known to produce hybrids, not always result in those hybrids? Can they produce just the parents instead?

I hatched my Orthrus with an friend's Hydra a few days ago and was expecting either a Cerberus or Basilisk (as stated on the wiki). Yet I just got another Orthrus.

Thanks for the help.
It is all luck, you may get a hybrid, you may get a Cerberus.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Aeolus21 on Jan 18, 2015 wrote:

Thanks for the help.
Yes, it's entirely possible to get one or the other parent and not the expected hybrid. I had the same experience when trying to hatch a rain beetle...got another storm beetle.
The difference will be in the talents/stats for the hatched pet.
You can keep trying...it's kind of a matter of luck.

Delver
Oct 29, 2013
Getting a hybrid is not guaranteed. It's random chance you'll get one.

Miranda Nightsinger, Exalted Necromancer
Scarlet Windhammer, Legendary Pyromancer
Iridian Lotusblade, Grandmaster Sorcerer
Sabrina Boomblossom, Magus Theurgist
Abigail Frogslinger, Adept Conjurer

Delver
Jun 27, 2013
Yes, there is a chance you'll get the hybred, however, there is also a chance of getting the origional parent as well

Survivor
May 10, 2014
Explorer
Jul 03, 2010
Getting a hybrid is all based on luck. It's all random.