Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How to get Spritely

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 08, 2011
4
Ok, this is really frustrating. After searching the forums and trying all suggestions, I'm at my wit's end. I am trying to get my pet (any pet) to manifest spritely.

I have tried with two Sea Dragons, a Forest Lord, a Spinyfish, a Satyr, a bred Sea Dragon (Sea Dragon x Sea Dragon), and a bred Forest Lord (Sea Dragon x Forest Lord) all without success. That's right, a total of 7 pets have failed.

I increased both agility and will for all of these pets as suggested by some other posts, and obviously it did not work.

Now I realize that nothing is a guarantee, but you figure at least 1 pet in 7 *should* get spritely once. I'm open to further suggestions, but at this point I feel like this is a scam from KI to get us to spend more crowns on a futile effort.

Defender
Mar 13, 2011
128
Assuming the a pet has the possibility of having Spritely, getting Spritely, or any talent, is totally random. The odds of getting it from a dropped or bought pet depends on how many talents it may have.

When you hatch you will only get talents that the parent pets have, so if you are hatching epic pets together and neither one of them have Spritely you won't get it... ( I did several hatchings this way until I found that out)

Your best odds of getting Spritely is to hatch with a pet that has Spritely. The odds of getting the talent is 50/50.

Of course, the problem is finding someone willing to hatch with you. With the pets you have you should be able to find someone who is willing to hatch with you... I know I would hatch with your Spiny fish or possibly you Sea Dragon depending on what talents they have.

Defender
Aug 10, 2010
190
GamingDan wrote:

When you hatch you will only get talents that the parent pets have, so if you are hatching epic pets together and neither one of them have Spritely you won't get it... ( I did several hatchings this way until I found that out)

.


Thats not really true, I hatched a 1st gen sea dragon that could have got spritely, but didn't with a 1st gen talented piggle that had no chance of getting spritely, and ended up with a talented piggle with spritely.

You are most likely to get talents that either parent has, but you can still get talents that either parent COULD have gotten, but didn't.

You might try to find someone with a "snake in a basket". My wife and I both have them, they both have spritely and everything we have hatched with them has spritely. In fact, so far everything I have hatched with mine gets spritely and (may cast) weakness.

Survivor
Aug 08, 2011
4
Thanks for the reply. All the original pets (ie. bought) have the potential for spritely as a documented possible talent.

But from what you're saying, if these pets failed to get spritely then using them as parents for hatching is futile?

If that's true, then we either have to keep buying "fresh" pets from the store, or as you say, hatch with another player whose pet has already manifested spritely?

Yikes ...

Defender
Mar 13, 2011
128
af6at wrote:
GamingDan wrote:

When you hatch you will only get talents that the parent pets have, so if you are hatching epic pets together and neither one of them have Spritely you won't get it... ( I did several hatchings this way until I found that out)

.


Thats not really true, I hatched a 1st gen sea dragon that could have got spritely, but didn't with a 1st gen talented piggle that had no chance of getting spritely, and ended up with a talented piggle with spritely.

You are most likely to get talents that either parent has, but you can still get talents that either parent COULD have gotten, but didn't.

You might try to find someone with a "snake in a basket". My wife and I both have them, they both have Spritely and everything we have hatched with them has Spritely. In fact, so far everything I have hatched with mine gets Spritely and (may cast) weakness.


Did you have the sea dragon trained to epic level?

If you did and you got spritely then this is the first I have heard of this happening. I have 3 sea dragons trained to epic and I hatch have hatched them with other pets (not always at epic) at least 20 times and every time the new pet only gets talents that the sea dragons have,.

The new pet can get the still locked talents from the parent, but I am pretty sure that you can't get talents the parent pets don't have, either locked or unlocked.

Champion
Jun 16, 2009
418
To get sprite there is a chance, I've got it at Teen and adult. Some people could get it at acient!<--- (sry spelled wrong) O__O So LOTS of people might not get it, So that is how, Good luck and Have a nice day!

~WolfStrongShied~

~If it is standing, bad is not~

Survivor
Oct 01, 2010
10
satyr as well as forest lord can learn spirit just higher the pedigree. that is how i have gotten my pets to learn such skills, use the sea dragon to higher the pedigree.

Survivor
Mar 26, 2011
6
I may have figure something out on pet talents. I think if you get a high manifest level you cannot get uncommon talents. For example, I have been recently training my low pedigree pets around 50-65 and it turns out, it has many rare/epic/ultra-rare talents, and no uncommon talents due to high manifest level, example 61(14). So once your pet about to level up, make sure it gets a very good snacks/mega snacks.
Even though I've been testing it only four time, it may have come to my conclusion. But still, like all game scientist out there. We must do more research.

Delver
Apr 10, 2010
292
My myth legendary has a flame toad; a hatch from her humongofrog and a phoenix. Neither the humongofrog nor the phoenix pets have spritely, but the flame toad does. I'm not sure how that happened, but I'm not complaining! 8)

Cassandra Lionhunter

Explorer
Jul 28, 2011
94
gcpien69 wrote:


Now I realize that nothing is a guarantee, but you figure at least 1 pet in 7 *should* get spritely once. I'm open to further suggestions, but at this point I feel like this is a scam from KI to get us to spend more crowns on a futile effort.


This.

Except it's not a futile effort, it will happen eventually xD
But yes it guarantees KI they will get continued funds from crown sales.

This is also why i think they make all us voters wait to get the wyvern packs.
Once they have a grand total of how many packs are to be given out, they can adjust the drop rates of certain rare to epic items and make them less common, so that you dont see 50% of the players from the day before suddenly with wyverns.

I'm hoping that if (IF) they win, they'll toss in a bonus item.
Oops, i mean 1% chance at a new bonus item that will also be an option for 13750 crowns.

Survivor
Aug 08, 2011
4
Ok I give up. I spent over 60,000 crowns, 200k gold, and countless days on crown shop pets, mega snacks, and pet training. I have gone through over 10 pets, and no spritely. It has ceased to be fun. Now that my Wizard is level 60, I may just as well retire.

Training pets has been a futile exercise for me, and has finally taken the fun out of the game.

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
523
Now I realize that nothing is a guarantee, but you figure at least 1 pet in 7 *should* get spritely once.
LoL. I'm at about 20 pets, trained to epic, trying to get spritely, but still no luck. Some people seem to get it the first try. Just random bad luck I guess.

Here is my understanding of how pets hatch:

Say you have two epic pets and hatch. Each parent donates 5 possible talents to the new pet. You get all the known talents from each pet, plus one random unknown talent from each. The talents of your newly hatched pet are decided at birth, so training a certain ability in hopes of spritely doesn't do anything.

Say you have 2 adult pets hatching. You get the 2 known talents passed to the new pet, plust 3 random talents from each pet. Again, once the pet hatches, it's talents are decided, and training certain abilities does not give a better chance for spritely.

If you know the pet had the potential for spritely, but you don't have the talent at epic, the parent may still pass spritely on as it's random talent. If you start hatching with second generation or later pets who didn't get spritely, then that pet may not even have spritely in it's hidden talents, so then there is no way to pass spritely to a new hatchling.

Spritely is considered a rare talent, so if you don't have any unrevealed rare talents on your pet, you definitely don't have spritely as a potential.

Someone who knows more about pets than me told me that 2 pets with health gift may tranform that into a spritely talent. I cannot verify this personally.

Survivor
Jan 18, 2009
29
I've trained only a couple of pets that had the possiblility to get spritely and of the times I got it I was training my pet in both agility and intelect so it may require a certain amount of training in both skills rather then just one since theres no definite way to tell what skills directly affect what talents your pet will get exactly.

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
523
Lexalandros wrote:
I've trained only a couple of pets that had the possiblility to get spritely and of the times I got it I was training my pet in both agility and intelect so it may require a certain amount of training in both skills rather then just one since theres no definite way to tell what skills directly affect what talents your pet will get exactly.

This is simply incorrect. Your pets talents are decided the moment it hatches.

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
711