Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

how to get may cast sprite, unicorn

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 04, 2011
how do you get a pet to may cast sprite and unicorn because i have be hatching with pts with that but i never get it so what should feed the pet and what game?

Armiger
May 10, 2010
scremo1 wrote:
how do you get a pet to may cast sprite and unicorn because i have be hatching with pts with that but i never get it so what should feed the pet and what game?

Does not matter what you feed your pet or what game you play, that does not help in what talents the pet will manifest.

Just keep hatching with pets that have those talents manifested, sooner or later, you might get one or both of those talents. It's a long and tedious process, but if you are patient and persistant, you will prevail.

Survivor
Feb 20, 2012
darthjt wrote:
scremo1 wrote:

Does not matter what you feed your pet or what game you play, that does not help in what talents the pet will manifest.

Just keep hatching with pets that have those talents manifested, sooner or later, you might get one or both of those talents. It's a long and tedious process, but if you are patient and persistant, you will prevail.

I disagree, I noticed that pets that can get Spritely talent when they are trained the most on Agility, Will and Power. Dont think it will work: Well, think again! My method has worked on four of my pets: Fierce Hound, Jellyfish, Sea Dragon, and Carnation Pixie. If I try it any other way on any other pets, then my pets can't learn to cast sprite. As for may cast unicorn, I'm afraid I can't help you there.

Survivor
Jun 05, 2011
it does not matter what game you play, check out this link and you will see what pets ma cast sprite, you may also try hatching, but that may nt work as well. anyway check the link

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/PetAbility:Spritely

If you do not have one of these pets, it will not have sprite unless you hatch

Unicorn spell link:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/PetAbility:Unicorn

There is only 2 pets that have unicorn so once again you will have to hatch

hope i helped

Rebecca Smith lvl 67 life

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
scremo1 wrote:

Most of my pets have the ability to cast these spells, but I have only succeeded with one- Cookie, my little starfish. At Ancient, he has both Spritely and 6% Spell Proof, plus a 3% boost to my power-pip chance (so mine is now 98%)

As for what to feed, try these options:

1. School snacks (ex: if you have a starfish, feed it Ice snacks).

2. I've heard that you can get these talents by playing games that focus on strength and power- it worked for me and Cookie. Always check the rewards for a particular game/area before jumping right in, and feed it snacks that boost those stats where you can.

Good luck!

El Veeb/Shadowsong, archmage sorceress
& Cookie the starfish.

Delver
Jul 20, 2009
Pet talents are predetermined at birth, so they manifest randomly. If you feed it a certain snack, or train a certain stat, it will not work. It does not matter what game and snack you feed, just hatch with a pet with bothh Spritely and Unicorn, it'll manifest soon.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
nijac wrote:
Pet talents are predetermined at birth, so they manifest randomly. If you feed it a certain snack, or train a certain stat, it will not work. It does not matter what game and snack you feed, just hatch with a pet with bothh Spritely and Unicorn, it'll manifest soon.

You are half-right. Certain pets have certain abilities, and not all have the ability to get these talents; that said, you can improve your odds by feeding it the right snacks and making sure that the correct stats are being leveled. Before playing any game, hover over the stat bar- it will tell you what purpose each stat serves (ie: "Strength affects resistances").

Survivor
Apr 29, 2009
nijac wrote:

I have to disagree here. If you mouse over the stats of a pet it gives you details about it. Agility is said to help with health and power with casting and so on. I have managed to hatch pets with me focusing on those stats and getting sprite and unicorn every time. I help my friends get these stats too. I do not think it is coincidence since ih ave quite a few pets now.

Survivor
Dec 15, 2011
scremo1 wrote:

Hmm, i have no idea however from reading these posts I will try to focus on a couple talents to train. I always thought that it was random. What a wake up call...lol.

Kevin Hawkblood-Balance
Alric Winterbreeze-Ice
Tarlac Redblade-Myth
Valkoor Lifeweaver-Life
Devin Deathgiver-Death
Ethan Stormslinger-Storm

say hi if you see me on! :D

Defender
Sep 10, 2011
vonawesome1 wrote:
nijac wrote:

You are half-right. Certain pets have certain abilities, and not all have the ability to get these talents; that said, you can improve your odds by feeding it the right snacks and making sure that the correct stats are being leveled. Before playing any game, hover over the stat bar- it will tell you what purpose each stat serves (ie: "Strength affects resistances").

I have to say, I agree with nijac . I only feed the my pets with pixie stix and only do the "cannonball" mini game to train it. I now have several pets with pain giver, defy, proof and spritely or pain giver, spritely, unicorn and proof by just doing that REPEATEDLY . No special snacks and without even looking at the stat bar.

It is pretty simple actually, get the pet snack with the highest points, train with the mini game you are very good with. then hatch with the pet with talents you like over and over again using the failed pet to hatch with the parent pet again or another players pet until the desired talents manifest. I don't even bother if the pet likes the pixie or not and just go ahead and feed it.

Honorary Detective "blood hounds to the bone"