Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How do I summon my pet?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 07, 2011

Hi, new to game.....Just wondering how I summon my pet? Does my pet have to be more mature before I can summon him? Do I need to do those derby races first?

Thanks, Wesley

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
wojohowitz wrote:

Hi, new to game.....Just wondering how I summon my pet? Does my pet have to be more mature before I can summon him? Do I need to do those derby races first?

Thanks, Wesley

You can equip your pet as soon as it hatches from it's egg. Go under your equipment tab of your wizard book (where you equip your wands and hats) and click on the flying pig. Now equip your pet!!!

If your pet hasn't hatched yet, you can check how long it will take under the flying pig tab of your book (yes same icon, different areas of the book).

Hero
Aug 23, 2009
You equip your pet like you would your clothes, wand, etc. pets-except those who have special restriction (as school, ranking)-can be equipped so long as they are not waiting to hatch in egg form. When you open your backpack menu, go to pet button and select the pet you want and then equip it, voila, pet is now visible beside you provided you are not using a mount.

Survivor
Jun 07, 2011
A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
wojohowitz wrote:

Thanks, Wesley

ok i think i know what ya mean by summon your pet, certain pets have a spell card equiped to them if its at the requirments it can have you use its spell, but it has to be at a certain stage for it to give you the spell

o and to the people that are saying equip it they just dont know what you mean

hope this helped and good luck with training your pet

p.s. ya dont have to race to get those pet cards

Defender
Aug 05, 2009
After your pet has hatched, go to your spellbook and go to the equipment page. Click on the button that looks like a piggle, then click your pet's name and click the button that looks like a hand. Hope this helps :)