Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

how do I get people to hatch with me?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 12, 2010
hello everybody. i have always wanted a hybrid but no one ever seems to hatch with me. Does anyone know why? i just don't get it like they get the hybrid too.

BorisWildhammer level 58

Explorer
Jul 04, 2015
you'll find most avid wizards equip pets for more than just cosmetics.
considering the time and gold it costs to have a high quality pet, they prefer to use their hatch timer and gold for something that would improve their current standing.

of course, there are also some that just like the look of the pet, they usually don't spend any time or resources and just leave at them baby :)

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
ollievan34 on Aug 24, 2015 wrote:
hello everybody. i have always wanted a hybrid but no one ever seems to hatch with me. Does anyone know why? i just don't get it like they get the hybrid too.

BorisWildhammer level 58
If you have more than one wizard you can use the shared bank function and move one of your school pets over to the wizard you want to hatch with. Even though you won't be able to equip the off-school pet you can still keep it in your inventory and hatch it with your school pet. I've gotten several hybrid pets using this method. Also, I don't know if you were implying that both parties get a hybrid when you hatch, but if that is what you meant that's not necessarily the case. Hybrids are rare to start with and there's no guarantee you'll get one. If you're hatching with someone else the likelihood of both of you getting a hybrid is very low.