Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How can this be?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 03, 2009
I thought the whole mixing of the pets was to create new and exotic pets out of the ones you previously own? I spent money and time trying to get my Orthrus to adult just to mix with other pets to get something new and different. the other day i mixed with a ice colossus and guess what i got? The same darn pet i had in the beginning with a whopping 49000 gold expense. So i am out that gold. :(
Then i decided to mix with a stormzilla and lo and behold guess what i got out of it? The same stupid pet i had in the beginning and yes out gold again for the second time. Very dissappointing would'nt you say now i have 2 orthrus's besides the one i started with. So can anyone give me an explanation for this? The price is rediculous to hatch and wind up with the same pet i started with. How many others have had this issue and could you please post so maybe others can read and think twice before taking the risk to hatch and lose your hard earned gold

Survivor
Mar 13, 2009
I probobly wont ever mix my pets due to the cost. And the cost of the combination should be determined by the rank, school type, and the rarity of the pet itself. So that mixing two dragons that you buy from the Shopping district would cost like 3000. And they need to make the school pets could only combine and become their hybrids. But this would still probobly cost 50000k ish

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
You don't get it all the time... I had a friend who mixed 5 times to get a hybrid.

Survivor
Feb 07, 2009
I'm pretty glad KingsIsle changed the price though. It was even more expense then! I don't really bother to hatch anymore. Whenever I try, my friend will get the pet we both want and I just get the same pet I used to hatch. I don't really think that players get the same pet much, since I know a lot of people who hatch that say they don't ever get the same pets with the person they hatch with.

Survivor
Dec 24, 2008
KI really needs to do something to fix this issue. In to way is it fun to me, spending 48000 Gold to get something I didnt want, then waiting a day to TRY again. If anything, it is frustrating.

I spent 5 DAYS looking for a Satyr to hatch with my Orthrus, then FINALLY when i find one, I am overjoyed, only to find out I got a tree. A TREE! I wouldn't be so mad if i didnt spend HALF THE AMMOUNT OF A FREAKING SCHOOL HOUSE FOR A TREE.

I hope KI can see what I mean by this, and know that frustrating the people that pay for subscriptions is not the way to keep people playing and paying.

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
Explorer
Mar 28, 2010
I am also frustrated about the whole pet hatching thing. STORY TIME-- I was all excited when the Pet Pavillion came out, and i spent a long time time leveling up my stormzilla to adult.
I hatched it with a wraith and was lucky enough to get a grimzilla. But, while I got a nice hybrid, my partner got another wraith! I felt really bad, he wasted a lot of gold just to get the pet he ALREADY has.
I thought I would try my luck again, so I hatched my stormzilla with a satyr. Both of us got the same pet we already have! :?

My point is, if we are going to spend 40,000+ gold on hatching a pet, we could at least get a different pet from the one we hatched. I mean, come on, what a waste. I think KI should increase the chance of getting a hybrid, since I think a LOT of people have the same problem.

~Allison Dawnblood, Level 50 Diviner

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
irishman9 wrote:
KI really needs to do something to fix this issue. In to way is it fun to me, spending 48000 Gold to get something I didnt want, then waiting a day to TRY again. If anything, it is frustrating.

I spent 5 DAYS looking for a Satyr to hatch with my Orthrus, then FINALLY when i find one, I am overjoyed, only to find out I got a tree. A TREE! I wouldn't be so mad if i didnt spend HALF THE AMMOUNT OF A FREAKING SCHOOL HOUSE FOR A TREE.

I hope KI can see what I mean by this, and know that frustrating the people that pay for subscriptions is not the way to keep people playing and paying.

A. Hatching is not required.
B. You can see the hybrid matches on central
C. I would gladly take your "FREAKEN TREE"

Defender
Aug 07, 2009
what does he mean about a tree cause it makes no sense not unless its one of those trees from mooshu hmm and what can i make with a firezilla

Explorer
Mar 28, 2010
jenyfiregirl wrote:
what does he mean about a tree cause it makes no sense not unless its one of those trees from mooshu hmm and what can i make with a firezilla

His tree is a rare hybrid that is hard to get so I do not know why he is complaining
And sadly, you cannot mix anything with a firezilla. Only level 48 pets and a couple exclusive pets can mix.

~Allison Dawnblood, Level 50 Diviner

Survivor
Aug 26, 2010
irishman9 wrote:
I am overjoyed, only to find out I got a tree.

That would be awesome. It's not fair that you're taking your awesome tree for granted.