Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

help with pet hatching

AuthorMessage
Historian
May 28, 2009
I heard that pets get new abilities when hatched. But I have a few questions"

1. When you have hatch, do you get a new pet (Along with the hatching pet) or just that the stats of your pet got bigger with more spells?

2. The second pet doesn't come back right?

3. What are the odds to get a hybrid?

4. Do I get a Minotaur if I Hatch a Minotaur with another pet?

Plz respond

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
ELECTRIC333 wrote:

1. When you have hatch, do you get a new pet (Along with the hatching pet) or just that the stats of your pet got bigger with more spells?

Plz respond

1.) Depending on the two pets you are hatching you may get a different looking pet than what you started with. Stats don't get bigger/better with hatching. They only randomly swap out. So the more times you hatch, the more chances you get of the four talents you want.

2.) No sure what you mean here, but depending on the pets being hatched you may get the exact same looking pet back.

3.) Depends on what two pets you are hatching to get a hybrid (some are guarenteed hybrids, others are not).

4.) If you hatch with another Minotaur, yes. If not, maybe.

Historian
May 28, 2009
kingurz wrote:
ELECTRIC333 wrote:

Plz respond

1.) Depending on the two pets you are hatching you may get a different looking pet than what you started with. Stats don't get bigger/better with hatching. They only randomly swap out. So the more times you hatch, the more chances you get of the four talents you want.

2.) No sure what you mean here, but depending on the pets being hatched you may get the exact same looking pet back.

3.) Depends on what two pets you are hatching to get a hybrid (some are guarenteed hybrids, others are not).

For the 2, I mean if you hatch 2 pets, the first one got it's stat boosted and the second pet is sacrificed?

For your answer of the 1, do you mean that I won't get another pet egg (Along with the 2 pets I hatched. Which mean I have 3 pets) That I will just get one of my pet's stat boosted? (The same 2 pets with one that have more stats)

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
ELECTRIC333 wrote:
kingurz wrote:
ELECTRIC333 wrote:

Plz respond

For the 2, I mean if you hatch 2 pets, the first one got it's stat boosted and the second pet is sacrificed?

For your answer of the 1, do you mean that I won't get another pet egg (Along with the 2 pets I hatched. Which mean I have 3 pets) That I will just get one of my pet's stat boosted? (The same 2 pets with one that have more stats)

If you hatch two pets, you will receive a third pet with either completely different stats or somewhat similiar stats to your starting pet. However, pets can only learn a certain amount of talents. When you hatch, those predetermined talents are randomly drawn and given to your pet. You have to train it to find out which ones you drew.

If you solo hatch two pets, you will receive a third pet (egg). If you hatch with another person, you will receive a second pet (egg).

The point of rehatching the same pet over and over, is to cycle through the entire pool of "possible" talents until you end up with the four talents you want from the pet. However, you need to know what the pool of talents are before you start, so you don't waste time (some pets will never get Spritely). Brand new pets are the hardest to determine, since most fan sites don't have that information available yet and players are experimenting to find out what they are.

Historian
May 28, 2009
kingurz wrote:
ELECTRIC333 wrote:
kingurz wrote:
ELECTRIC333 wrote:

Plz respond

If you hatch two pets, you will receive a third pet with either completely different stats or somewhat similiar stats to your starting pet. However, pets can only learn a certain amount of talents. When you hatch, those predetermined talents are randomly drawn and given to your pet. You have to train it to find out which ones you drew.

If you solo hatch two pets, you will receive a third pet (egg). If you hatch with another person, you will receive a second pet (egg).

The point of rehatching the same pet over and over, is to cycle through the entire pool of "possible" talents until you end up with the four talents you want from the pet. However, you need to know what the pool of talents are before you start, so you don't waste time (some pets will never get Spritely). Brand new pets are the hardest to determine, since most fan sites don't have that information available yet and players are experimenting to find out what they are.

OK, Minotaur don't have Spritely. But if I hatch it with a pet that do, will the hybrid, if it is a minotaur, to have Spritely? Or the Item Cards of both pets?