Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Help getting a may cast unicorn talent

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 19, 2013
Hey all! So I'm relatively new to the whole pet breeding scene and I was wondering if any on had a pet with the may cast unicorn talent, possibly other storm related talents and if so if you'd be willing to to help breed that, thanks in advance for taking the time to read this and have a nice day

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Welcome to the Message Boards!

In regards to your query, there are tons of pets with the Unicorn ability available on the Hatching Kiosk.

Just visit it inside the Pet Pavilion and look under Storm Pets to see the ones that'll best match your description.

"May cast Unicorn" is an epic talent slot.

To obtain a pet with it, use an adult pet to hatch with a pet with the talent.

Raise the offspring to adult (should learn some storm stats). Cease here.

Use the offspring and hatch it again with the same pet you did inside the Kiosk and raise that to Ancient and stop.

If the pet happens to fail at ancient (learning a talent you don't want), simply use your adult pet you had earlier and hatch again.

This is how you create desirable pets; through multiple hatches and persistence along with patience.

Post if you've anymore queries.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Selberkh59 on Feb 15, 2019 wrote:
Hey all! So I'm relatively new to the whole pet breeding scene and I was wondering if any on had a pet with the may cast unicorn talent, possibly other storm related talents and if so if you'd be willing to to help breed that, thanks in advance for taking the time to read this and have a nice day
I have a lot of good storm pets and hestitated from offering them because none of them have unicorn in pool. I do have some with healing in pool but it is for the individual wizard not the team (healing current/fairy). Unless you really really love and want the unicorn talent I highly recommend going for something with a personal heal - they trigger more frequently and heal for more too. No-one expects the storm wizard to keep them alive with a heal so you're not letting your team down at all

If you'd like to hatch for something with a personal heal + storm talents let me know what kind of talents you'd like most. I'm happy to share any of my pets and can go through them to find the ones that are best suited to your needs and also your likes

If you're determined to have the unicorn talent the best place to check is the kiosk. Go for something that has high stats (250 or more on each of the numbers next to strength, intellect, agility, will and power) and the combo of talents you want to end up with. Make a note of its name etc so you can find it again for more hatches if it is available (screen shot the hatch if that's easiest). Expect to hatch multiple times, taking the babies up to adult then using them for the next hatch...until you have a copy of the pet (stat numbers and talent pool). Do a safety hatch so you have 2 parent pets with the same stats and pool so you don't need to rely on the owner relisting that pet again. Hatch the parent pets together and raise the babies until you get the right manifested talents...it helps to improve the parents as you go, moving between the 3 pets so you always have 2 parents and 1 to train. By making the parents your strongest 2 (with talents you want) the baby will get a better chance of manifesting what you want too

I hope this helps and isn't info-overload!