Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

health and mana bonus?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 11, 2008
Have health and mana bonuses been removed from pets? Such as the lava spider did come with a +50 to both, but now appears to have nothing. I have no interest in racing pets or PvP. I just want pets that give me a card or health bonus. I've not checked my Orthus yet, but if I have to go play mini games with him in order to use his card, I am not going to be happy.

Survivor
Dec 26, 2009
I thought Talents were for benefits to the battles with your pet by your side, and Derby is for benefits to the pet races. But as I leveled my pets, they came with a talent for extra agility or intellect, wich benefits to the derby races, and not to my fightingskills in the world.

Also I found bonusses such as +1% accuracy or damage, a mana or health bonus. I think Talents should be only benefitting for battles, not for derby racing.

Defender
Dec 11, 2008
Yeah, it appears now that pets are pretty much just for the new derby and for PvP, and other than the few that may have a card, are pretty useless to your character otherwise.

Hero
May 19, 2009
crusher2488 wrote:
Yeah, it appears now that pets are pretty much just for the new derby and for PvP, and other than the few that may have a card, are pretty useless to your character otherwise.

Not true. This is only true for baby pets. If you actually take the time to train your pets each and every one of them will give stat increases which will help you in battle.

Survivor
Mar 30, 2010
this whole pet thing is just a big aweful let down. i have a storm hound and a pixie queen. i spent alot of gold just to lvl them. i really have no interest in racing them. and the talents they have learned has just become a waste of money. its all just for racing. :? my understanding was that the talents were to help boost my toon now i find its all everything is just to race them. this is all just very depressing. i really wish they would have did something that everyone would and could use. anyone else feeling the same?

Defender
Dec 11, 2008
DarthNexus wrote:
crusher2488 wrote:

Not true. This is only true for baby pets. If you actually take the time to train your pets each and every one of them will give stat increases which will help you in battle.

I don't want to take time to train my pet. If I wanted to race animals, I would be playing Mario Kart. I want to explore the worlds and battle enemies. THey sold pets for Crowns in the shops and on gift cards that had certain bonuses. We should have those bonuses that we paid real money for without having to jump through hoops months later.
For everyone that has bought the crown gear - what if they now decide that you must spend a few hours each week dry cleaning and patching them or pay crowns for your clothes to continue to give you those bonuses? So what that you already paid for them, you would be out of luck. Or what if the decide the mounts are too fast and lower them down to 10% speed bonus?

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
I just bought a new pet and started at one in each stat. Over the past few days I have gotten to adult, and have gotten:
1) Mana boost to player (right now it is at +52, but should get close to +100)
2) Gives a card of it's school (death): Feint (lvl26)

I still have two more slots to gain, not sure what I'll get, but...so far so good.

As a side note, the pet itself got two Derby powers, but...call me Marleybonian in outlook, I don't race pets. :-o

Survivor
Mar 21, 2009
MikeStrath wrote:
I just bought a new pet and started at one in each stat. Over the past few days I have gotten to adult, and have gotten:
1) Mana boost to player (right now it is at +52, but should get close to +100)
2) Gives a card of it's school (death): Feint (lvl26)

I still have two more slots to gain, not sure what I'll get, but...so far so good.

As a side note, the pet itself got two Derby powers, but...call me Marleybonian in outlook, I don't race pets. :-o

Do you really get the mana boost? I noticed when I leveled one pet to adult I was supposed to have a mana and health boost. But when I switched to a pet that was not leveled, my mana and health did not change at all. Either I'm not getting the boost from my pet, or I don't understand exactly how the boost(s) work.