Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hatching Pets

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 28, 2010
Can someone please tell me how about how much would it cost to hatch a bloodbat and firecat
Or can you tell me why some hatching costs like 70,000-90,000 and some are from 30,000-50,000

Dustin HalkWeilder
lvl 28 life wizard

Survivor
Apr 07, 2009
This is also about wild root, when he had 165 life no spells would harm him and he wasn't using stuns! I don't know how it happened. Also in massive fantasy castle you can walk through one of the walls!

Survivor
Jun 05, 2009
I am very disappointed in the hatching. I stayed away from the hatchery for awhile and finally decided to check it out. I spent the time and some crowns to lvl 2 pets to "adult". Then spent THOUSANDS of gold to hatch a new pet. All that and i end up with a duplicate of one of the pets. I am beyond mad. Had i known this may happen i would have saved my time, crowns and gold. :x The hatchery is an epic fail in my book and i will not be wasting anymore time or gold on it.

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
mszoeyluv wrote:
I am very disappointed in the hatching. I stayed away from the hatchery for awhile and finally decided to check it out. I spent the time and some crowns to lvl 2 pets to "adult". Then spent THOUSANDS of gold to hatch a new pet. All that and i end up with a duplicate of one of the pets. I am beyond mad. Had i known this may happen i would have saved my time, crowns and gold. :x The hatchery is an epic fail in my book and i will not be wasting anymore time or gold on it.

What pet did you use? Only promo and school pets make hybrids, and once you have CL it's easy to get gold.

Survivor
Jun 05, 2009
Angelocean wrote:
mszoeyluv wrote:

What pet did you use? Only promo and school pets make hybrids, and once you have CL it's easy to get gold.

I used collosus and a minotaur i won in MS. I chose these 2 because i have seen it work for a friend. Thanks for the tip though.

Defender
Apr 21, 2010
The main goal of Hatching is to get the Talents you like on the pet that you like.
Getting a different pet type is an occasional bonus.

I don't think Minotaur will create a Hybrid.
You need another Level 48 pet if you are Hatching with Colossus.

Explorer
Dec 10, 2009
mszoeyluv wrote:

Luv it's all luck, I have been hatching sinc e th cost was 105 thousand, now MUCH cheaper at 32-33 thousand, and i think the odds are better for a mix, BUT only school pets can mix, many people dont realize this, the only minotaur that would work in a possible mix is Nightwalker - the myth/death hybrid pet

many people are complaining first they not getting a mix, come on people, not everything should be given easily, game has already been changed enough to satisfy the complainers (i hope),many of us have enough clones of the parents to have baseball teams is we wanted too ! I made a file of all my pets, WOW i have so many clones of schools pets running around!
But lately, since cl it seems, i have been getting more mixes AND I get many when i self hatch - you have the 2 pets in your own backpack, use the small circles in hatchery
I hatch like every other day, i just keep moving pets to the wizard who has money, i also have 2 accounts and hatch them together- i have twin ice hounds and nightwalkers now and tempest

all you can do is keep trying, but also use correct pets, mixed pets hatching is more gold and so far i have been getting twins of one of the parents,
BUT IT IS FUN !!

kiera and the guys

Survivor
Aug 27, 2010
i'm worried, i got a pet sea dragon from hatching. i am really excited to train it but i am not sure if its talents will be the same as an original sea dragon. when i hatched with my friend, almost all of the sea dragons talents were epic but my new one has only one epic talent, i cant tell what it is. i can afford another sea dragon but i just dont wanna waste my really good pet snacks on a pet with noy good talents. by the way, i hatched my flamezilla with a sea dragon. so will my new sea dragon have talents from my flamezilla or what.

i am so mad about this :x

Defender
Apr 21, 2010
Yes. It will have Flamezilla Talents in the petnome.
And two of them will probably manifest.

Survivor
Jun 02, 2010
ok i hatched to beginner pets (firecat and blood bat) to try and get a firebat and i got ANOTHER bloodbat explain that i hate the hatchery because you cant trust it. I mean you always see people with cools pets that they hatched and their all like" I got it on my first try" so now im down 4,000 and i needed it. and i have another bloodbat that i cant sell for very much

Defender
Apr 21, 2010
Explorer
Apr 26, 2010
I spent over 50,000 thousand gold just for a Unicorn! Ki better fix this or I will not get any more subcriptions forever!

Explorer
Apr 26, 2010
ThePieMaster wrote:
When will it let me go to the pet pavilion...
You can only go when your lvl. 9 or above (i really don't know but maybe lvl. nineand above)and you need a pet.

Survivor
Mar 12, 2009
can any one tell me what satyr and firezilla make :? because i got a jade egg after i hatched my satyr and my friends firezilla thx for your info

Survivor
Feb 01, 2010
I have a question I wish to hatch a HYDRA what two pets do I need to use to be able to do this?

PS I really really want a pet Hydra.

Nemesis40

Survivor
Jun 07, 2010
I'm just wondering what are the best pets to hatch with a brown spider?Because I don't want to end up with another Brown spider can some on help me about this. :P

Survivor
Jan 18, 2011
Ok i am a dissapointed subscriber with gripes attaining specifically to hatching. First pet games are super tedious, that aside i have hatched my wraith with the following pets the following number of times,

wraith orthrus 4

wraith stormzilla 3

wraith Cloud demon 1

wraith Firezilla 3

every time i have recieved a wraith with a lower pedigree spent a silly amount of moneyand it all boils down to me just deleting 32-35 thousand coins a day as i am not gonna train a pet with less pedigree and it wont float around my yard i deleted said pets,, if i get back another wraith then i should get my gold back too i had the same problem with my ghost i hatched 6 times with other pets to recieve yet more ghosts and my awesome death cyclops trying to increase pedigree only to recieve 3 time a LOWER pedigree cyclops and i have made absolutely sure to hatch all times with same or higher pedigree pets

hmmm wonder why they keep trying to convince me to stop my subscription
and have my wife stop hers
and my best friend stop his
and my mom stop hers also
they are having the same problem along with the FOREVER FREEZING THAT seems to happen in wizard 101

Survivor
Apr 09, 2009
its hard for me to hatch, i have a flamezilla and barely anybody wants to hatch with it.Everytime i do hatch i always end up getting my pet back it's sort of frustrating when i go to hatch with a pet and evrytime i get a flamezilla. i want to hatch with a pet that's really cool. i want to get a rare, decent,and cute pet. sometimes hatchiing confuses me. does anyone want to hatch i am gabrielle dawn life wizard level 51 (close to 52)

Survivor
May 08, 2010
Survivor
Dec 06, 2008
Survivor
May 25, 2009
starsearcher4 wrote:
this part is flawed.. the hatching is a great idea, but the pet should change! i bred a wraith with a helephant and from the commercials and ads i saw, i expected to end up with some cool combo pet( like a death oni or fire wraith). all i got was a weak wraith! i mean.. yea new models would take time but thats the impression me and a bunch of other people thought would happen. i am pretty disappointed with this. besides, most people playing are only like pets for the looks. i personally dont care about stats. and not to mention the pet xp is very difficult. unless someone has 3 days of nonstop playing on hand and a million crowns, this is a impossible feat of acheiving epic status in minimal time. Most people that collect pets, like me and my friends, would like to have all our pets be at least adult status, but how its set up atm will make it impossible. please make some food or some... way of getting more xp.Also battling mobs could give your pet xp.that would help ATON! if you cant do that then plz make energy potions purchasable with gold or less expensive. and faster energy regeneration would be a good thing too. not to mention maybe energy restoring food.
I thought that when I hatched two dream ghouls I would get a new dream ghoul. :? :(

Explorer
Nov 23, 2008
Anyone else heard of the party dog? I dont have a myth, or a danger hound. So this mix may not be of handy to me. It's a mix of orthrus with danger hound. 8)

Survivor
Dec 21, 2009
Gamma wrote:
When you get a pet it will be an egg. You will need to wait for it to hatch before you can equip it. You can see how long you have to wait for a pet to hatch by moving your mouse over its name in your backpack.

After your pet egg hatches it will be a Baby pet. It can gain experience to increase its rank to Teen, Adult, Ancient and Epic.

Your pet gains experience from playing pet training games in the Pet Pavilion. The Pet Pavilion can be found through a tunnel from the Wizard City Commons, close to Prospector Zeke.

You can play the four pet training games by using the minigame sigils around the Pet Pavilion: Pet Cannon Game, Pet Maze Game, Pet Drop Game, and Pet Dance Game.

You need Energy to play pet training games. The Energy globe is next to your Health and Mana globes. You can also see your Energy by pressing C to look at your character in the Spellbook.

For more information please see the Update Notes:
https://www.wizard101.com/game/community/patchnotes

Gamma,

I have been hatching a lot with my judgement pet and end up getting the same thing. They say Judgement is a wild pet. Is that true? If it is what are the chances of getting the other mix pet?

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
Hero
Jun 11, 2010
romeo2869 wrote:
i cant even find the place to be able to get my pet

Gamma wrote:
When you get a pet it will be an egg. You will need to wait for it to hatch before you can equip it. You can see how long you have to wait for a pet to hatch by moving your mouse over its name in your backpack.

After your pet egg hatches it will be a Baby pet. It can gain experience to increase its rank to Teen, Adult, Ancient and Epic.

Your pet gains experience from playing pet training games in the Pet Pavilion. The Pet Pavilion can be found through a tunnel from the Wizard City Commons, close to Prospector Zeke.

You can play the four pet training games by using the minigame sigils around the Pet Pavilion: Pet Cannon Game, Pet Maze Game, Pet Drop Game, and Pet Dance Game.

You need Energy to play pet training games. The Energy globe is next to your Health and Mana globes. You can also see your Energy by pressing C to look at your character in the Spellbook.

For more information please see the Update Notes:
https://www.wizard101.com/game/community/patchnotes

Pets are rare drops from bosses. They are also sold in the pet shop located in the Pet Pavilion and the Shopping District. The sign for the shop looks like a winged pig, called a Piggle. You can also get pets as rewards from quest.