Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hatching Kiosk Problem

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 20, 2014
I saw a friend online yesterday that I haven't seen in awhile. We both enjoy hatching pets, and I always help him better his existing pets whenever possible. He stated that his luck was awful trying to get this pet he wanted from the kiosk, and after many attempts, he never received it. It was a Polterpooch. I then broke the news to him that it cannot be received from hatching. He wasn't very happy to say the least. He had wasted X amount of time, and resources, trying to attain the unattainable. I wonder how many others have also attempted this folly? I don't understand why this is allowed. If a pet cannot be received from the hatching kiosk, then it doesn't belong in there. The only reason I could see would be to hatch its talents/stats, but as a first generation pet, neither of those are desirable. KI you need to take a hard look at this, and make some changes to the hatching process, or remove pets like this entirely, as it's being unfair to your loyal customers.( if this has already been changed prior to this posting, please let me know)

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Mental Void on May 21, 2018 wrote:
I saw a friend online yesterday that I haven't seen in awhile. We both enjoy hatching pets, and I always help him better his existing pets whenever possible. He stated that his luck was awful trying to get this pet he wanted from the kiosk, and after many attempts, he never received it. It was a Polterpooch. I then broke the news to him that it cannot be received from hatching. He wasn't very happy to say the least. He had wasted X amount of time, and resources, trying to attain the unattainable. I wonder how many others have also attempted this folly? I don't understand why this is allowed. If a pet cannot be received from the hatching kiosk, then it doesn't belong in there. The only reason I could see would be to hatch its talents/stats, but as a first generation pet, neither of those are desirable. KI you need to take a hard look at this, and make some changes to the hatching process, or remove pets like this entirely, as it's being unfair to your loyal customers.( if this has already been changed prior to this posting, please let me know)
Oh no! With so many pets being unable to be added to the kiosk it has to be a mistake that a body type that can not be obtained through hatching is one that can be added!

Please KI look at this and change this so it can't be added, same for any pet that can not be obtained through hatching!

Sorry this happened to your friend

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
I don't understand why this is allowed either. I can also imagine many more people besides your friend has been duped by it.

Explorer
Jan 12, 2013
There is one potential advantage. If you are happy with your body type, but want to improve stats or talents, hatching with a pet you can't get guarantees you will get same body type back. But, if they only have first gen pets with bad stats and talents in there, this wouldn't be something worth doing.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Michael Bluestone on May 23, 2018 wrote:
There is one potential advantage. If you are happy with your body type, but want to improve stats or talents, hatching with a pet you can't get guarantees you will get same body type back. But, if they only have first gen pets with bad stats and talents in there, this wouldn't be something worth doing.
Unfortunately it doesn't because they give hybrids instead. the Polterpooch and Danger Hound gives the ghost hound hybrid back and the Frankie forearms gives the Crabling.

They changed it so we can also get back school-only pets (eg a non-life wizard can get a Forest Lord pet etc) so we can collect them all which means forced hatching via the kiosk is not possible the way we used to have it at the sigil. I'm not sure if the sigil still stands by the old rule of school-only pets being unobtainable or if they changed it there too.

Explorer
Jul 20, 2014
I don't understand the mindset of KI on this issue. There are multiple pets in-game that cannot be re-hatched to improve them. The only possible worth of pets of this ilk would be for collectors, or used as decorations. I cannot speak for everyone, but I would certainly invest time, and crowns, to hatch, and improve pets like a polterpooch, storm beetle, etc. Regardless of changing the rules though, allowing them in the pet kiosk is a bad move, and needs to be addressed.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
KI wants these pets acquired through existing methods only, but there is a simple solution: Allow these pets to be self-hatched after you get one. By doing this, you would enable people to better them, thus increasing their desirability to others. More people would do the quests/crowns to obtain these pets, which should satisfy KI's coffers. You still wouldn't be able to get them through the kiosk, but at least the recipient would have a chance for better stats/talents on the pets they do receive. It would greatly help the people who want these pets, and choose to improve them.

Explorer
Jul 20, 2014
Intrepidatius on May 26, 2018 wrote:
KI wants these pets acquired through existing methods only, but there is a simple solution: Allow these pets to be self-hatched after you get one. By doing this, you would enable people to better them, thus increasing their desirability to others. More people would do the quests/crowns to obtain these pets, which should satisfy KI's coffers. You still wouldn't be able to get them through the kiosk, but at least the recipient would have a chance for better stats/talents on the pets they do receive. It would greatly help the people who want these pets, and choose to improve them.
Brilliant.

Explorer
Jul 20, 2014
I see this problem still has not been addressed. If KI isn't going to fix them, they should at the very least, place a disclaimer on these type of pets in the kiosk, so that every potential hatcher will know they cannot receive it.