Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hatching between your own characters?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Apr 27, 2009
Ok, I have a legendary myth (who has an orthrus pet) and I have a legendary ice (who has a colossus pet). They are both adult and I want to try and hatch an Ice Hound for my ice wizard from them. Will I still be able to hatch a pet even if I cant equip the pet but just have them both in my backpack?

Defender
Mar 13, 2011
Yes you will be able to hatch between them.

When you go to hatch you simply select the two adult pets you want to use.

Just remember that when you take a pet out of the shared bank you will lose all of your energy.

Champion
May 03, 2011
Yes. Just make sure you have them both in your backpack. You don't have to be able to equip a pet to hatch with it.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
nlhf1995 wrote:
Ok, I have a legendary myth (who has an orthrus pet) and I have a legendary ice (who has a colossus pet). They are both adult and I want to try and hatch an Ice Hound for my ice wizard from them. Will I still be able to hatch a pet even if I cant equip the pet but just have them both in my backpack?

Yes. You can mix pets that you can't equip. Just put your adult Orthus and adult Colossus on the same character (backpack) and stand on the solo sigil in the hatchery. There's no guarentee that you will get the hatch your looking for, but you can hatch off the same shared bank.

Now, the problem stems from the intended pet and the ability to equip. For some pets, if you can't equip it, then that certain pet will not hatch. I believe this is more of a two person rule than a solo rule (since resulting schools are usually from one of the parents and even if you moved them around your shared bank, someone on your account can equip it).

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
nlhf1995 wrote:

yes absolutely
ya know the red sigils in the hatchery click x there and ya can hatch with any pet in your back pack that are adult or higher

but remember ya need to move the other pet to your wizard that has the hatching money

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
As long as it is in your backpack and it is adult, you will be able to use it for hatching.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 60 Life