Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hatched a pet, looks the same. Stat Question!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 11, 2010
Okay so I am really new to hatching. I had a Myth (Mystical Beast) that I then hatched with a Cyclops looking thing with amazing Storm stats. However when my pet hatched, it was still a Mystical Beast that was Myth.

So here are my questions...

1. Can your pet sometimes stay the same as far as looks and stats go?
2. Do you have to level up your pet to tell what it will be good at?
3. What is up with this test realm that everyone keeps talking about?
4. Is it true that a pet can go with a certain school but after hatching can have stats of another school? Basically meaning can my pet say Myth but really have Storm stats?

Any help would be great. I looked at other guides but they just confused me. The more you can simplify and really explain, the better.

Defender
Dec 31, 2014
Nitemares on Oct 29, 2015 wrote:
Okay so I am really new to hatching. I had a Myth (Mystical Beast) that I then hatched with a Cyclops looking thing with amazing Storm stats. However when my pet hatched, it was still a Mystical Beast that was Myth.

4. Is it true that a pet can go with a certain school but after hatching can have stats of another school? Basically meaning can my pet say Myth but really have Storm stats?

Any help would be great. I looked at other guides but they just confused me. The more you can simplify and really explain, the better.
1. Your pet has a chance of keeping its talents even if you hatch it many times and have another pet and different stats, although all talents could be hatched off.
2. You have to level up your pet to see what talents it will get, but some people can tell what talents it will get (and what their hidden talents are) by looking at its parents.
3. Test realm is a version of Wizard101 where you can preview future updates and test them out, you will be granted 15,000 fake crowns to use on the test realm, you can also use the test realm to see other things, like how often something drops from a pack, or what talents your pets will get by leveling it up. What you do in the test realm is not connected to the live realm.
4. Any talents are possible on any pet. For example, a velociraptor (fire pet), may have talents boosting death damage, life attack, and ice defense at the same time. Any combination is possible for any pet, although some people can hatch talents they want on their pets and they know how to.

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
1. The hatched pet's looks are taken from one of the parents at random, or, in certain cases, it can be a hybrid of the parents. The max stats (Strength, Will, Intelligence, Agility, Power) and possible talents are a combination of the parents' max stats and talents afaik.

2. You can see the pet's maximum stats right when it hatches. What games you play and what snacks you use determine your pet's stats, but don't worry; you can increase every stat up to the cap if you play different games and/or use different snacks. You'll have to level your pet to see the talents it manifests.

3. The test realm is another version of the game with new features that need to be tested. Anyone with a membership can download and play on the test realm.

4. A pet's listed school is determined by what type the pet is, or in other words what it looks like. First Generation pets' talents are usually for the pet's school, but hatched pets can manifest any of its parents' talents, so your pet can manifest Storm talents.

Explorer
Nov 16, 2013
Nitemares on Oct 29, 2015 wrote:

If you pet breeds with another pet it will have a mix of both stats and could possibly have different looks.Yes you do have to level your pet for stats.The test realm is a update with a new world that needs to be tested by players.A pet can have storm stats and be myth.It is possible and happens a lot.Good luck!

Dakota Dawneart lvl 49