Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Good Storm Pets for lower levels

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 12, 2013
Hi, I'm a low level storm (lvl 27) and am wondering which storm pets are good for me. They need to be able to heal me too. Is the frankenbunny good? Many people have said it is, but i'm not sure. I have a fire pet that may cast vengeance which is really cool, but isn't really useful

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
stormrider63 on Jan 23, 2016 wrote:
Hi, I'm a low level storm (lvl 27) and am wondering which storm pets are good for me. They need to be able to heal me too. Is the frankenbunny good? Many people have said it is, but i'm not sure. I have a fire pet that may cast vengeance which is really cool, but isn't really useful
It takes a bundle but I'm using an adult Babydactyl on my level 16 . It gives a Stormblade, Storm Beetle & Stormzilla item card along with may cast Windstorm. ULTRA helpful for boosting damage and I can't wait for it to reach ancient (My Storm-Boon Amethyst is ready). But if you can't get that, the Toaddle from Purreau's Pack is really helpful (May cast Infallible is great for ). Non-crown pets I'm not sure, but yes the Frankenbunny can be good if you level it up enough. I got it to teen (It learnt Storm-Boon) and gave up on it, but that's just because I got the others.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Frankenbunny is a decent pet for storm noobs, with 3 copies of a 2-pip version of storm's only trainable healing spell - ordinarily you would have to wait until level 75 to train that spell, but Bunny gives you some cheap ones to use anytime. It also gets maycast Energizing Battery which is a reasonable heal, if not very frequent. It's easy to get either through the Nosferabbit quest or by hatching. You'll want to add another heal later on, or damage and resist.

Rain Beetle is another good pet. It gives you up to 4 copies of the Rain Beetle spell, which is great for removing storm shields and adding a blade. They are everywhere, and have been a staple pvp pet for a long time because of their extra blade, so you are more than likely to find someone with a GOOD Rain Beetle to hatch with.

Mulberry Hound is a rare gift card pet with a Tempest card. The difference is, this Tempest has 100% accuracy. If you have problems with fizzling (who doesn't?) and haven't earned your Tempest spell yet, this is a nice option IF you can find one.

Babydactyl and Spark Beast both give you a stormblade that stacks with your regular trained one. Now that you can disable item cards in your deck, you can choose whether you want Storman or rain beetle to show up or not. Spark beasts have been popular for a while, so there are no shortage of really GOOD ones to hatch with.

Lastly will make a plug for school Leviathan. Cannot go wrong with stormblade, bubble, and mini levy. Hybrids include one with a storm prism, another with a cleanse charm, and some with accuracy boosts. Stats and talents are not bad to start with either - many have Energizing Battery and some have maycast Galvanic Field which boosts accuracy.