Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Good looking pets, Bad traits

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
May 31, 2009
I have tried several Balance Krocktillian and none come out with traits to help a player in a fight. Now the Krocktillian is a really neat looking pet but the traits it gives is not worth the effort to level.
Now take the Hydra, it to is a neat looking pet BUT, it is not my Idea of a Balance pet. Sure it hits with storm ice and fire but where is the non elemental? This makes this pet more not a balance typw pet. Plus I have several Hydra and none have given traits worth using in a fight and this is suppose to be a school pet. Now the new pet The Justice pet is more like a balance pet, Question is will it give the player anything worth leveling it for. So far mine has done ok, it is not as good as I would liike but definately better than any other balance pets I have leveled including the crown pets.
Looks on a pet mean a lot to players, Take the Jade Hound, mix with Myth and life it is cool looking and the hound mixed with storm, those are really neat looking pets but if you are looking for traits to use in a fight might as well save your gold. These cool, neat looking pets are wasted because of the traits they give.
Attach one just for looks but going to a fight better go to the real deal.
Fire pets same thing, the Bird is the best looking pet. But the hit and traits, my Heliphant does better. I have not gotten into anything past the levels I am at but I am hoping that the game placed good traits for these new pets or they will just end up being deleted or sitting in the backpack.
Yes overall there are some neat looking pets in the game, But the sad pard is I have hatched and hatched and hatched over and over again and again and they will not improve. My largest dissapointment was the life Oni Balance pet. It has never given me anything and the Krocktillian, I farmed the tower in Big Ben and got several pets but none have shown anything and even after hatching over and over.
The Game needs to get with the pet process of the game, from my hatches and time spent it is not going anywhere fast.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
Darkblood1 wrote:
I have tried several Balance Krocktillian and none come out with traits to help a player in a fight. Now the Krocktillian is a really neat looking pet but the traits it gives is not worth the effort to level.
Now take the Hydra, it to is a neat looking pet BUT, it is not my Idea of a Balance pet. Sure it hits with storm ice and fire but where is the non elemental? This makes this pet more not a balance typw pet. Plus I have several Hydra and none have given traits worth using in a fight and this is suppose to be a school pet. Now the new pet The Justice pet is more like a balance pet, Question is will it give the player anything worth leveling it for. So far mine has done ok, it is not as good as I would liike but definately better than any other balance pets I have leveled including the crown pets.
Looks on a pet mean a lot to players, Take the Jade Hound, mix with Myth and life it is cool looking and the hound mixed with storm, those are really neat looking pets but if you are looking for traits to use in a fight might as well save your gold. These cool, neat looking pets are wasted because of the traits they give.
Attach one just for looks but going to a fight better go to the real deal.
Fire pets same thing, the Bird is the best looking pet. But the hit and traits, my Heliphant does better. I have not gotten into anything past the levels I am at but I am hoping that the game placed good traits for these new pets or they will just end up being deleted or sitting in the backpack.
Yes overall there are some neat looking pets in the game, But the sad pard is I have hatched and hatched and hatched over and over again and again and they will not improve. My largest dissapointment was the life Oni Balance pet. It has never given me anything and the Krocktillian, I farmed the tower in Big Ben and got several pets but none have shown anything and even after hatching over and over.
The Game needs to get with the pet process of the game, from my hatches and time spent it is not going anywhere fast.

if ya look at pedigree ya can kinda tell how its talents are
low means weaker
high means stronger rare talent wise

i suggest going to petnome before training first gen pets
and always remember ya can hatch good talents into them with time and lots of gold

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
In order for some pets to have good traits, you must hatch with another that has a higher pedigree. This often takes several attempts to 'breed' the bad traits out of the lower pedigree pet.

For example:
Pet A is a troll with several 'selfish' talents.
Pet B is a leopard with great talents.

You want the traits of pet B but the looks of Pet A. Mix both pets and get pet C. For the sake of this explanation we are going to assume you are lucky and pet C is another troll. then you Mix B + C. You take that offspring, if it is has the looks you want and mix it again with the one with the traits you want. Eventually, you should have the pet with the looks you want with the talents you want.

I recently did this with one of my pets...a mustard troll with a pedigree of 43 at first generation. I ended up with a pedigree of 66 along with good talents: pain-giver, spritely, spell-defy, and pip o plenty. Not to shabby for a mustard troll.

Hannah Lifebringer level 70 Life