Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Give up on this pet?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 26, 2012
I've been trying to make the perfect pet for a death wizard I created a while back, but no success. Each time I train to adult it always gets myth proof, always! This is the fifth time already and I don't want to start over. Is there a way to get rid of sticky talents for good? And, should I continue on with the pet? It has pretty good talents but myth-proof is just ruining everything.

Survivor
May 03, 2010
Snowblade20132012 on Aug 7, 2018 wrote:
I've been trying to make the perfect pet for a death wizard I created a while back, but no success. Each time I train to adult it always gets myth proof, always! This is the fifth time already and I don't want to start over. Is there a way to get rid of sticky talents for good? And, should I continue on with the pet? It has pretty good talents but myth-proof is just ruining everything.
Honestly, if you don't want to start over your only option really is to try and hatch out the myth-ward. I would make sure though if you do stop the ward from manifesting at an adult to really monitor all of your future hatches and try to completely remove the ward if possible.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
There are two options for you:

1) "Hatch it out" (Expensive, takes persistence)

Take your best baby with the Myth-proof and hatch it with a fantastic Mega Death pet. Take their baby and train it only to adult. Hatch that one to a different Mega Death pet (it can be the same pet body type, but not the exact same parent or talents as before). Train the resulting baby to adult and hatch it again. Keep hatching successive babies with great parents that have 5 trained talents you'd like your pet to have until eventually, one of the babies will develop two talents that don't include Myth-proof by adult. Now take that baby and hatch its offspring several more times to flush the Myth-proof out of its pool.

Note: you're not looking for perfect at this stage. What you want is to rotate in ten different talents such as spell proof and spell defy, some helpful may-casts, the dealers, givers, and criticals, etc. Moving in many new talents gives you the best chance to bump out the Myth-proof. Once you've got a clean pool of acceptable talents, that's when you start honing in on the particular set that you want.

2) "Start over" (Demoralizing, but often the faster & cheaper route)

Go back to the original parent and start hatching with that one again, until you get a baby that doesn't have Myth-proof (or any other undesired talent!) at adult. Take that baby and start mixing.

Note: Never, ever, try to breed any pet that has a talent you don't want. Unwanted sticky talents are murder to get rid of. No matter how great the other talents are, discard any pet that develops an unwanted talent. Go back to its parents and try again with a new baby.

Good luck!

Alia Misthaven

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Snowblade20132012 on Aug 7, 2018 wrote:
We can hatch it out of the pool entirely so you only have nice talents and no chance of myth ward or anything nasty popping up.

What body type and talents are you looking for? I'll let you know what pets I have that can help you achieve it. If they can be put in the kiosk I'll share them with you there but if not we can meet in game instead.

I may not have exactly what you want but I've got max stat (255 250 260 260 250) death pets with nice talent pools that can certainly help you achieve your perfect pet...and I'm happy to help you however I can

Explorer
Dec 26, 2012
My Myth Armament had the same talent in his pool, and I got it out first try but I'm starting anew with the Gloomy Eye, don't wanna spend anymore money on it just to fail. Thank you for the tips!

Survivor
Apr 15, 2014
Well just find someone else with a pet that matches the stats you want and train up the pet you get and hatch again with the same person. Every hatch you do the more likely the pet will be to theirs.