Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Getting training points back

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Sep 04, 2017
I too, took your advice and took on a second school. I don't use it and I can't just get those training points back. If I get my training points back, do I keep the spells that didn't need training points? Can I go back to my original school and get my trained cards back, immediately? I did see the other post, on this subject, but it didn't answer my questions. Best regards, Cher

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Spells learned in your primary school will remain, however, spells learned with training points will have to be re-learnt (those from other schools).

Crafted spells or spells you gained from drops will also remain in your spellbook.

Nothing is wrong with training in a secondary school, in fact, it is highly recommended. It just depends on your primary school and the school you chose to train in and the spell you trained up to.

Delver
May 29, 2009
CherOldBear on Dec 18, 2017 wrote:
I too, took your advice and took on a second school. I don't use it and I can't just get those training points back. If I get my training points back, do I keep the spells that didn't need training points? Can I go back to my original school and get my trained cards back, immediately? I did see the other post, on this subject, but it didn't answer my questions. Best regards, Cher
If you are a member you should hold out buying your training points back until the next Training Point Buyback Member Benefit. It will save you a lot of dough!

I'm not sure what school your wizard is, but it seems that the general consensus is usually to train in Life up to Satyr, Death up to Feint, and Ice up to Tower Shield. Especially for PvPers.

I made the unfortunate error of training in EVERY school when I first started on my Balance wiz LOL! I was under the impression that the little school symbols above the creatures meant those were the types of spells you should us on them. Not what they resisted! So I had to do a massive buyback and it cost quite a bit because there wasn't a Member Benefit back in 2009

As @Star Edward pointed out, you WILL have to retrain any spells that you do wish to keep that you paid for with a training point. This includes the Sun, Star, & Moon spells. It also means traveling all over the Spiral to get those spells.

One thing, I do regret about the training reset is that I had learned Conviction because I was just doing PvP for tickets to get pets (I don't PvP regularly, if hardly at all) and I ended up losing that spell. Which means I would have to set foot back in the arena to reclaim my rank to relearn Conviction. I wish that we could just check box what spells we want to unlearn during a Training Point buyback. That would make it so much easier. However, I understand the exploits that would be involved by people learning those aforementioned Life, Death, & Ice spells only to check to reset all but the Satyr, Feint, & Tower. So it is what it is.

~SM~

Explorer
Sep 04, 2017
Even if they let us get rid of one school, instead of everything. Thank you for replying. I have plants that need things I can't train for, and they are 4 & 5 plants, (not the high ones). I played this game, way back in Beta and I could do a lot more, with more gold and training points. I like to hatch pets, garden and craft, not much for fighting. They use to have chests in the towers, less TCs and reagents for prizes, more equipment, to sell.