Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Frankie Forearmes

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 29, 2010
I found out just now that the Frankie Forearms pet can't be obtained via hatching. I went through the process of downloading the mobile game and got my free pet, I soon after ended up putting him in the bank and only uncovered him again tonight. I brought him up to adult in hopes of hatching him with my own pets to create a much better version of him. I was disappointed to find it made a Crabling pet, and even more so when I read up on it to find that he could not be obtained via hatching. Now I understand why he can't be bred around, that would take away the value he has, and the promotion for the mobile game will have become mostly irrelevant. However I would absolutely love to be able to upgrade the pet and use him regularly as a primary pet. I never actually planned on hatching him out either, knowing the value he had I planned on keeping him to myself. On that note I ask that if possible, could the Frankie Forearms pet be obtainable through hatching, ONLY and STRICTLY obtainable for players who already own a Frankie Forearms pet. Maybe the only hatching sigil he appears in is the self-hatch sigil, make him a "SELF-HATCH ONLY" pet, or something along those lines whatever it may be. I really would absolutely love to use the pet as my primary, but with the stats he has it doesn't quite cut it. Thank you very much for the time, I hope this can work its way into an update in the near future, I am willing to wait a good long while.

Survivor
Jan 13, 2015
Cameron MythMancer on May 29, 2016 wrote:
I found out just now that the Frankie Forearms pet can't be obtained via hatching. I went through the process of downloading the mobile game and got my free pet, I soon after ended up putting him in the bank and only uncovered him again tonight. I brought him up to adult in hopes of hatching him with my own pets to create a much better version of him. I was disappointed to find it made a Crabling pet, and even more so when I read up on it to find that he could not be obtained via hatching. Now I understand why he can't be bred around, that would take away the value he has, and the promotion for the mobile game will have become mostly irrelevant. However I would absolutely love to be able to upgrade the pet and use him regularly as a primary pet. I never actually planned on hatching him out either, knowing the value he had I planned on keeping him to myself. On that note I ask that if possible, could the Frankie Forearms pet be obtainable through hatching, ONLY and STRICTLY obtainable for players who already own a Frankie Forearms pet. Maybe the only hatching sigil he appears in is the self-hatch sigil, make him a "SELF-HATCH ONLY" pet, or something along those lines whatever it may be. I really would absolutely love to use the pet as my primary, but with the stats he has it doesn't quite cut it. Thank you very much for the time, I hope this can work its way into an update in the near future, I am willing to wait a good long while.
He's unique. He'll never hatch out another copy of himself.

KI made the decision some time back to restrict unique pets like this, so that they remain unique in the game. While it's frustrating, because I would also like to be able to get more than one copy of him, it's understandable. Someone that gets a unique pet doesn't exactly want to see lots of copies of it gotten by hatchin grunning around the game. Not after they had to win a contest or do something else to get their copy.

Survivor
Mar 29, 2010
Geoffery23 on May 29, 2016 wrote:
He's unique. He'll never hatch out another copy of himself.

KI made the decision some time back to restrict unique pets like this, so that they remain unique in the game. While it's frustrating, because I would also like to be able to get more than one copy of him, it's understandable. Someone that gets a unique pet doesn't exactly want to see lots of copies of it gotten by hatchin grunning around the game. Not after they had to win a contest or do something else to get their copy.
I get that, but now I feel like I played the game for nothing. From a business stand point I know they were just promoting the game, but the players who did everything to get him should be allowed to do more with him than just have him sit there and look cool, which is all I can use him for really they may have gotten more out of it than we did. He doesn't feel much like a reward or unique pet, it really seems like they just sent him out so they weren't just asking you to play the game. I don't want to hatch him around with other people, I just want to improve his stats with my own pets. I don't imagine making him a self hatch only pet would do any harm, and seeing more of him with other people wouldn't be a bother, they went through the process of getting him all the power to them. I see your point, but I still think we should get more than a single pet that really can't do or produce anything productive.