Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Failed Pets

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 25, 2015
Dear Kingsisle,

I have been farming for a while to get the Enchanted Armaments pet and it failed at Adult. I farmed for another one for a while and it failed at Teen. I saw Dakota EarthHorn mention that training pets is very tedious, because you have to farm, spend crowns, spend gold, and get pet snacks then your pet fails and it's both a waste of time and effort. I would suggest that there should be a little shop in the Pet Pavilion where you could spend about 1000 crowns (so PvP doesn't get rigged) and choose a different talent in your talent pool, so then it isn't just a waste of time.

Thank you for reading.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
FlloanPrincess on Feb 19, 2017 wrote:
Dear Kingsisle,

I have been farming for a while to get the Enchanted Armaments pet and it failed at Adult. I farmed for another one for a while and it failed at Teen. I saw Dakota EarthHorn mention that training pets is very tedious, because you have to farm, spend crowns, spend gold, and get pet snacks then your pet fails and it's both a waste of time and effort. I would suggest that there should be a little shop in the Pet Pavilion where you could spend about 1000 crowns (so PvP doesn't get rigged) and choose a different talent in your talent pool, so then it isn't just a waste of time.

Thank you for reading.
Training pet is a long process but when you get what you are after it is well worth the time spent doing so. The only reason anyone would spend crowns to train a pet is for the mega snack pack. Sorry but for the crowns price, not worth it.

You have better options by gardening for snacks from various seeds such as Couch Potatoes that can be farmed for in Grizz and other areas.

Join this site (free) for more information on snacks, pets and hatching and many other helpful topics.

http://www.wizard101central.com/

Defender
Mar 28, 2011
It's unusual to get all wanted talents from a first generation pet. Your best bet is to hatch your adult with a pet that has talents you want, level the baby to adult, hatch again. Repeat a few times until you collect the talents you want. Making great pets is a gradual process. They get better over generations, much like show dogs or race horses in the real world. It takes time and effort, but it's worth it.