Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Explanation of pet stats

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 12, 2009
Greetings all,
I have been away from Wiz 101 for quite a while, and there are many changes. One I am having a bit of difficulty is the numbers assigned to a pet.
I have a helephant pet, I had this when I played last almost 2 years ago, now that I have returned , my pet was a teen with the numbers 53 (5) under it, I was able to quickly train and feed it up to adult and the numbers changed to 53 (10).
My question is what do these numbers mean?
I have many more questions but some I have figured out, some not yet, but these?, I have no clue about nor can I find them listed anywhere.
Thanks in advance for any and all assistance.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
The first number, 53, refers to the pets Pedigree number. The pedigree is determined by how many Common, Uncommon, Rare, Ultra-Rare, and Epic talents your pet has. The better the talent slots, the better the pedigree.

Uncommon is worth 1 pedigree
Rare is worth 2 pedigree
Ultra-Rare is worth 3 pedigree
Epic is worth 4 pedigree

The second number is how many pedigree points your pet has. So if it was at 5 at teen and you trained you pet to adult and it's pedigree number is now 10, it unlocked 1 talent and 1 derby trait.

You take the derby trait and talents pedigree points and add them to the exsisting pedigree points, which gives you the second number.

So, if you have 5 and you got a Rare and Ultra-Rare, that will give you 5 more points and go from 5 to 10.

Hope this helps you understand the pedigree numbers better.