Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Dropped Pets and the Cards that go with them.

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
Before the Pet Pavilion update, my Myth won the Pixie Queen pet from Smogger in Katzenstein's Lab. It came with 1 Fairy card which has become VERY handy with I'm fighting with another wizard.

Today I decided to farm Smogger for another one on a different account for my other wizards. I received the Fairy Queen on the second try (lucky me). To my complete dismay, I learned that I will not receive the Fairy card until I raise her up. WHY???

Unlike the addition of PvP, which I can ignore and it doesn't effect any aspect of my regular gamepley, you made this update effect every aspect of regular gameplay. From too many snack drops in place of good drops, to loss of cards from pet drops that used to have them.

Originally, I had absolutely no intention of ever playing any of the stupid games you set up which are the only ways to raise a pet, and I know I won't ever do the Pet Derby. Personally, I feel that having a pet equipped while you fight and do quests should be the way to age a pet, but I guess that would make too much sense for a group of people who releases updates that are bugged beyond belief to understand.

Unfortunately, since I wasn't expecting to not get the Fairy card with the Pixie Queen pet, I did not read what age the pet needs to be in order to have it available, so I looked at the pet stat and nowhere does it tell me. At the very least, since people aren't likely to remember what age is required before receiving the card that should have come with the pet immediately, the stats should show the age requirement and the card it will get once that age is reached.

Even tho I stayed within the rules of posting, I know this will never see the light of day on the message board, since every other intelligent complaint that I have done never made it for others to see.

Defender
Aug 15, 2009
To my complete dismay, I learned that I will not receive the Fairy card until I raise her up. WHY???

wow the old card carying pet drops still have card? was starting to wonder because the old sunbird i have does have sunbird card, but the new sunbird drop made not mention of it. But to be fair, the krokomummy pet comes with krokomummy card at ancient ( if it makes it that far)

I feel that having a pet equipped while you fight and do quests should be the way to age a pet,

I thought so too like a certain percentage of xp that you get from a fight not necessarily from completing a quest. I agree that would be nice

I did not read what age the pet needs to be in order to have it available, so I looked at the pet stat and nowhere does it tell me.

Pet talents are hidden rather than darkened and lit when they are activated by aging. It does keep the randomness between pets alive but makes it hard to determine if you want to pursue raising the pet or put it out in the yard for another one with more potential.

Even tho I stayed within the rules of posting, I know this will never see the light of day on the message board,

Surprise :) :) :) :) :) your message made the light of day on the message board.

Explorer
Jun 28, 2008
To see what card learns its card equip it then check out your friend list. Put your mouse over a friend who has a pet and it'll say what stats it has and what card it learns at baby, adult, ancient and epic.

Also smogger now drops 2 different Pixie Queen pets one with a card and one without a card. You got the one without a card so ouch and good luck farming for the one with a card.

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
1Sonicboom wrote:
To see what card learns its card equip it then check out your friend list. Put your mouse over a friend who has a pet and it'll say what stats it has and what card it learns at baby, adult, ancient and epic.

Great, that tells me what my friends' pets will have, but NOT what mine will. If I can see what my friends' pet will have in regards to cards, then there is something seriously lacking in MY pets' stats display if I can't see what MY pet is going to have and at what age he's going to have it.

KI: Why in the world would you add a second pet with the same name, that required you to raise him, to a boss that already had a pet that came with a card????? There are tons of other bosses you could have added that to.