Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Dragon hatching?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Mar 06, 2011
Ok. I recently read on the wiki that you could hatch a ghost dragon with a dragon and blue ghost. Ok, that's all well and good, but the problem is simple: i cant find anybody with an adult dragon that can afford it. i want a ghost dragon so bad, but this is a brick wall to my efforts. Bottom line, i need to find somebody with a dragon that can afford it. i will be on seraph at 5:00 on wednsday. please somebody reply to me by Tuesday.

Defender
Jun 08, 2011
You're joking, right?

Not only are messages on this forum delayed due to moderation, you're having trouble finding an adult example of a pet that is sold by the NPC shopkeeper in the Shopping District? One that you could simply walk to the store, buy, and train to adult yourself, all for gold?

You're joking, right?

Explorer
Mar 06, 2011
OK, here is the deal. it takes a lot to train a pet. it takes gold to buy pet snacks. without pet snacks, its a long, boring road of mazes and way of the ninja pig to the adult state. I frequently do not have gold or am saving for something else. if i had the time or gold to train a dragon, do think this post would exist? I think not. also, i meant NEXT Tuesday.

Defender
Jun 08, 2011
Buy pet snacks?

Buy pet snacks?

Good Lord, man, don't you have a garden that produces them for you? Or get them as drops from the battles you are fighting anyway?

True, running through the pet games does take some time, but not very much if you know what you are doing in them. I can typically get 80 points (enough for perfect) in the maze game with time to spare, and you can take down the easier Grumpy Gobblers buildings in 2-3 shots without needing to be an expert at the game.

But I can not believe that you are complaining about lack of gold over a pet that costs less than 500 gold in a shop that a level 1 character can walk into with no trouble.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
stickle303 is correct that he is might have a tough time finding someone that has a basic adult dragon with enough gold to hatch and actually wants to hatch. Most people with enough gold to hatch with strangers aren't going to hatch basic dragons.

stickle -> you might find it simpler to just hatch your best pet with someone that has a ghost dragon. Then you at least have a 50/50 chance of getting what you want.

I can't believe I am responding to someone who can't take the time and energy to train a pet to adult, but wants others to do it for him.

Explorer
Mar 06, 2011
Thank you. I think. I am already going to hatch with my friend anyway now. so

Defender
Jul 10, 2009
Also, while your at it, you can hatch the dragon pet with a colossus (the Ice level 48 pet) and get a Pet Egg hybrid.

<www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Pet:Dragon>

Haley MoonHeart Archmage Thaumagture