Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Double Proof & Double Spell Defy Pets?

AuthorMessage
Armiger
May 10, 2010
Dear KI,

It has come to my attention that there are pets out there with Double Spell proof talents and Double Spell defy talents.

Meaning +30% global resistance.

Now, I have not seen these pets, but apparently, a few others have.

My question, is this a bug? Is this supposed to happen and be allowed? Or is this a glitch that needs to be fixed?

Another question is, what do we do if we see someone with one of these pets? Is it an exploit?

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
darthjt wrote:
Dear KI,

It has come to my attention that there are pets out there with Double Spell proof talents and Double Spell defy talents.

My question, is this a bug? Is this supposed to happen and be allowed? Or is this a glitch that needs to be fixed?

Another question is, what do we do if we see someone with one of these pets? Is it an exploit?

My guess is that wizards wanted to make up a rumor to get attention from people, and then other wizards would spread the news of those types of pets without even seeing them, or just that people mistook high Spell Defy stats for another Spell Proof, because with WW gear, this would be the resist:
5%
5%
10%
10%

The 5's from Defy and 10's from Proof's! Just as you said. So, the average resist would range from 58%-64%, and the boosted resist would be from 65%-70%. If this really did happen, hopefully it's a glitch.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
joujou11cool wrote:
darthjt wrote:
Dear KI,

My guess is that wizards wanted to make up a rumor to get attention from people, and then other wizards would spread the news of those types of pets without even seeing them, or just that people mistook high Spell Defy stats for another Spell Proof, because with WW gear, this would be the resist:
5%
5%
10%
10%

The 5's from Defy and 10's from Proof's! Just as you said. So, the average resist would range from 58%-64%, and the boosted resist would be from 65%-70%. If this really did happen, hopefully it's a glitch.

Joujou11cool,

I can tell you this for sure, my brother and I have both seen two pets with Five (5) Talents, not including the card they give. All of my pets have four, but we were amazed when we saw the first pet with five.
About a year later, we saw a second one in the pet pavillion, and it also had five Talents. I do not remember what pet it was, nor what all the talents were. I do remember the five talents and two of the same resist.

This is not a rumor, I am sure others can post to prove it. They are out there, of that I am positive.

Joe.

Champion
Jul 30, 2010
joujou11cool wrote:
darthjt wrote:
Dear KI,

5%
5%
10%
10%

i agree i really hope this is a glitch if it has happened, but i really doubt it.

Mastermind
Jul 25, 2010
Darthjt is right i see 4 global resist and on the bottom it says 9 global resist

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Pets with five talents are the pets that were in game before the "Advanced Pets" patch went live.

Attaining five talents is no longer possible.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
kingurz wrote:
Pets with five talents are the pets that were in game before the "Advanced Pets" patch went live.

Those pets were auto-ranked, because I remember when the advanced pets came out in 2010, my Midnight Sprite pet was automatically at Teen because it had already given a talent.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
watsupdog111 wrote:
Darthjt is right i see 4 global resist and on the bottom it says 9 global resist

The 4% is Spell Defy and the 9% is Spell Proof.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
kingurz wrote:

Kingurz,

I knew I had seen them in the live game. It was several years ago, but my brother still remembers them also.

Thanks,
Joe.