Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Does saying "good boy!" or "good girl!" help?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 25, 2009
I've seen people say "good boy!" or "good girl!" after their pet heals or casts a spell. Does it actually do anything or is it just a myth? A lot of people do it so there must be a reason, am I right?

Administrator
While it may make your real-life pet sit up and take notice, unfortunately addressing or speaking about your pet in-game in no way alters their behavior.

community@wizard101.com
Archon
Oct 24, 2010
iLollipawp on Apr 7, 2014 wrote:
I've seen people say "good boy!" or "good girl!" after their pet heals or casts a spell. Does it actually do anything or is it just a myth? A lot of people do it so there must be a reason, am I right?
Nope, just like Professor Greyrose said... nothing helps. (I've tried "thank you" over the years too... lol)

Defender
Jul 21, 2010
Hero
Feb 26, 2012
It has no effect on the pet, but -- like most talking that folks do to their animals -- it is still fun to do!

Explorer
May 13, 2013
iLollipawp on Apr 7, 2014 wrote:
I highly doubt it. Those people probably do it just for the fun of it.

Pokebow
Lvl26

Survivor
Dec 14, 2008
It doesn't but I like to think it does.

Defender
Nov 21, 2013
Superstition is usually reinforced by coincidence, unfortunately.

Survivor
Aug 03, 2009
It doesn't, however...I love saying nice things to everyone (even my little pet).

Explorer
Aug 25, 2012
Rainbow0839 on Apr 7, 2014 wrote:
Nope. Talents are predetermined. Here's a great article on it: http://www.duelist101.com/other-w101-guides/w101-pet-guides/perfect-pvp-pets-part-1/
Although that is great information to know, the OP wasn't referring to talents lol

S/he was asking if saying "good boy/girl" would get pets to cast their spells more.

Survivor
Apr 13, 2014
I notice when I say that to my pet hi or her look like happy. I have a the sensation he or her love me it's very cute.