Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Do talents slowly increase?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 30, 2009
Hey, there! I'm a death wizard with a scarecrow and I just started training him. I trained him up to a teen and he got a 1% death defense. After sulking around a bit, thinking I had just gotten a bad trait, I returned to training him again. I glanced at his talent, and now it was a 2% death defense. Today it's 3%.

Have I just not been reading correctly, or do pet talents slowly get better with training and time? If so, that would be so awesome! :D

Defender
Aug 12, 2012
Surf da web on Jun 26, 2013 wrote:
Hey, there! I'm a death wizard with a scarecrow and I just started training him. I trained him up to a teen and he got a 1% death defense. After sulking around a bit, thinking I had just gotten a bad trait, I returned to training him again. I glanced at his talent, and now it was a 2% death defense. Today it's 3%.

Have I just not been reading correctly, or do pet talents slowly get better with training and time? If so, that would be so awesome! :D
Actually, pets have certain rates. For instance, my Betta Fish has a criticalize talent, and for every 26 critical ratings, it gives you an extra. It also has storm shot, which gives +1% storm accuracy for every 8% storm accuracy I have. It just depends on your stats. If you're old enough to do banking in real life or you know a low about banking, then think of it as interest. ;)

-Nathaniel Redflame, level 44

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Pets that have talents that provide boosts (damage, shields, accuracy, etc.) increase their boosts as you train them. But once your pet's attributes are maxed out the boosts will not increase anymore.... They too will be maxed out. It does not matter when your pet got the talent, or what the value of the attributes were. The final maxed out values will be the same, based on the attribute max values.

Happy Wizarding!

Mastermind
Feb 06, 2010