Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Do pets set off boss cheats?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 24, 2015
I really did try to look this up but I simply couldn't find any information on this (though I know it must be around somewhere). Anyways, do pets maycast spells like trapping and healing for example ever set off a boss cheat? As far as I know they never do and it makes sense cause the player can not have control of these spells. We can use a different pet but that seems a bit ridiculous of them to expect us to swap pets around to avoid a cheat.

Someone I know mentioned having a pet without maycast heals cause of boss cheats, but from my experience you aren't punished like this by your pet healing.

Can someone more experienced give me a detailed explanation on this? For example if a boss cheat normally removes a trap the moment its applied and casts a spell in response will it ignore your pets trap? Will it remove the pets trap and not cast the spell? I doubt it would remove the trap and respond with a cheat spell because of a pet applied trap. I'm sure there is a lot more examples.

Perhaps others will find this useful as well since it does seem like there isn't much easily found confirmation or discussion of this online. Thanks in advance!

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Maycast pet spells start triggering boss cheats at higher levels. Most notably the level 100 Darkmoor dungeons. Healing pets WILL trigger boss attacks in certain battles there. Most dungeons below that level, pets don't trigger cheats. One example of this is Poseidon in Tartarus. You cannot place traps on him, however a pet's feint card won't trigger him to remove it. He might remove it later, but not instantly like any other trap cast.

Explorer
Jan 27, 2013
Well, before you take on a major boss, look them up. Wizard101 central is a great place to check. Pet heals are often the culprit of a heal. As seethe said, Darkmoor bosses often cheat on heals. Ultra dungeon bosses may as well. Once you get close to max, your heals can also harm you pretty badly.