Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Do pets lose boosted stats if jewel is shattered

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 30, 2014
I don't know if this is a question that will be confusing to understand, but I'll try my best to word it in such a way that you'll be able to understand, and I'll try to explain it well.
My question is, do pets lose boosted stats if the jewel that is affixed on them is shattered? If you don't understand what I mean, I'll provide an example.

I have a storm pet, it is currently at ultra. It has storm damage and spell proof, so I thought I could increase those stats by giving it a jewel that increased its strength and agility levels, which help with damage and resistance. The name of the jewel is "Determined Opal." I gave it this jewel when it was epic, because the pet needed to be epic in order for me to affix the jewel. Affixing this jewel did what I expected, it increased the damage and resistance stats of my pet when I trained it. However, now that I trained it to ultra, I want to give it an ultra jewel. However, I don't know if the damage and resistance will decrease to normal if I do. For example, I had 9% resistance before affixing the jewel. After I affixed the jewel and trained it in the increased strength and agility area, it raised that resistance up to 10%. I expected it to do more, but oh well. Anyways, I was wondering, if I shatter that jewel, will it make the resistance drop back down to 9%? I would assume that it does decrease it, but I wouldn't know for sure. Besides, if I give it an ultra damage jewel, it will be a more significant boost than what the jewel gave. I just want to know for sure. Thanks for the help!

Administrator
If you shatter the Jewel, you will lose the effects that the Jewel gives.

community@wizard101.com
Explorer
Feb 19, 2011
Yep, the stats will reset to the original before you affixed the jewl