Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Do pets cast attack spells now?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 18, 2010
Today I was doing a pvp match, when i ran into a guy who had a sprite with a very high pedigree. When I asked what talents it had, he said one of them was swarm o' bugs (or something like that). He said it allowed the sprite to cast locust swarms randomly. Are there abilities like that now? Or was he possibly confusing it with a card giving ability? I checked the lists of pet talents on fan sites, but I haven't seen anything about this talent or others like it. Does anyone know if talents like this are real now, or if it was a lie?

Hero
Aug 23, 2009
There are some pets with talents to cast spells randomly on their own, aside from the cards that are put into your deck there are those spells the pet will cast randomly, i.e.-spritely, pierce-train, and as you noticed swarm, etc.

Survivor
Feb 20, 2011
Pretty much yes. You will rarely get a pet doing that if it's rare or at a high life like epic. :D

Survivor
Apr 12, 2010
That was me. That was my Adept Balance wizard. I told you she had Spell Proof, Spritely and CLOUD O BUGS. May Cast Locust swarm.

There is also another attack talent. Snow n Tell, May Cast Snow Serpent.

These spells are cast quite randomly by the pets with them. However, my Sprite has managed to finish off 2 of my opponents in PVP using her spell. Bear in mind my opponents health was quite low for this to happen. Also I must take action against them for her to even think about attacking.

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
Is the pet using your pips to cast, or are these spells totally free?

Survivor
Apr 12, 2010
zebulous wrote:
Is the pet using your pips to cast, or are these spells totally free?

Just like the HEALING Talent, Spritely is Free, so are the present attack spells cast independantly by pets. So yes the spell is free in that it does not use any of my wizards pips. I want to point out that its random when or if it will even happen.

Also, just like In/Out bound healing boost is used by Spritely when cast so too are Damage boost of the appropriate school. In the case of Cloud O Bugs, Balance Damage Boosting. The normal damage without any Balance boost appears similiar to a Treasure Card equivalent which is how Spritely works at this time.

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2009
Hidrac wrote:
That was me. That was my Adept Balance wizard. I told you she had Spell Proof, Spritely and CLOUD O BUGS. May Cast Locust swarm.

There is also another attack talent. Snow n Tell, May Cast Snow Serpent.

These spells are cast quite randomly by the pets with them. However, my Sprite has managed to finish off 2 of my opponents in PVP using her spell. Bear in mind my opponents health was quite low for this to happen. Also I must take action against them for her to even think about attacking.
riiiiiiiiiiight