Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Do pet abilities help per school?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 03, 2015
Hi everyone, I went to the pet pavilion to work on my pet and see if anyone wanted to hatch and you know, that stuff. So, I clicked on someone's player card, and they had a Storm beetle, which I thought was cool, but I am pretty sure it gave abilities that helped Ice wizards, not storm! Does the pet give you abilities depending on your school, not the actual type of the pet? Please help!

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
You can get any talent on any kind of pet through hatching.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Playing Fair on Oct 18, 2015 wrote:
Hi everyone, I went to the pet pavilion to work on my pet and see if anyone wanted to hatch and you know, that stuff. So, I clicked on someone's player card, and they had a Storm beetle, which I thought was cool, but I am pretty sure it gave abilities that helped Ice wizards, not storm! Does the pet give you abilities depending on your school, not the actual type of the pet? Please help!
With infinite patience, untold quantities of gold and thousands of pet snacks it's possible to get a totally customized pet for any school. It just depends on how important the look of the pet is to you. If you feel like you need a Storm Cat that has nothing but Life school talents, it can be done. But be prepared for a lot of failures along the way and lots and lots (did I mention lots?) of hatches and at possibly 40K gold per hatch it can get very expensive.

Explorer
Jul 03, 2010
The pet doesn't have to be ice to have ice abilities. The type of the pet really doesn't matter after you have altered the talents and hatched many times because they will change drastically from the original after about even 3 hatches. Hope that helps!!