Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Disappointed in new Wizard 101 Gift card pets.

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 29, 2009
Personally, I am not disappointed with the gift card pets. I think Kings Isle has done a great job with most of these cards. I look forward to December's offerings.

Some of the vendors got short changed in what they had to offer, but KI made sure that we as buyers can pick and choose. :-) My favorites were the Defender Pig with the tree lady and 6% shielding (Rite Aide), and Burnzilla with a 4 pip 650 fire hit card and 5% shielding (Best Buy). Toys are Us got a raw deal on their pet offering. Somehow, the same price for a single balance blade just doesnt stack up to other vendor's pet offers with their Sporty Dragon. If anyone should be disappointed, it should be them, but certainly not us.

Make sure to check the gift card page to see what you are buying. Also, you will be getting the pet as described when you redeem it, not when you buy it. So be careful when you redeem the pet to make sure you get the one you wanted.

Defender
Dec 18, 2008
heh i agree wit foulsteel you get more than the pet plus it's QUALITY NOT QUANTITY, plus i am one of those arena fanatics besides if you don't like the pet don't buy it, it's that simple people you so immature protesting about a giftcard i am on KI's side until you can convince me i'm wrong

Nathaniel Emeraldhammer
level 20
Myth
arena rank warlord

Delver
Jun 30, 2009
I actually, have seen some new ones. There is that little red one that looks like Helephant but its a new one... It's like Demon something..

Survivor
Jun 04, 2009
Guys why are you so dissapointed its a freebie so why tell them to change it if you keep doing that they might just take the pet thing right off and it doesnt matter you could share those pets with family members on your accout so it is only a freebie i wondet be mad.

Survivor
Sep 13, 2009
moviebuff3000 wrote:
I must say that when I saw the pets for the new cards on the site that I was really disappointed. I was hoping for different pets for the cards not the same pets with different cards and abilities. I am not sure if I want to even collect the new cards because what is the point to have the same pet but just a different card. I was hoping for at least a Minotaur or a Treant or even a pixie, etc. but not even that. I think others will agree with me on this.
is that so? :( :x :? i was going to get lots to see what i get but now i thing its a bad idea to do that :D :D on the bright side you can sell them

Explorer
Mar 02, 2009
Survivor
Nov 12, 2008
Oh this is hilarious! "Why did I even get the pet? At least it came with crowns!"

NO.

Here's what it SHOULD sound like...

"Why did I even get crowns? At least it came with a pet!"

Does that phrase make sense? No.

You guys aren't buying the pets you're buying the subscription or crowns!

Geez...

Survivor
Sep 12, 2009
i think it's great, just think, you have all commander gear in pvp 35% resist plus heartsteel 5% resist and defender pig 6% resist plus a card, oh my gosh, that's crazy high resist, plus a great card!. so i am glad with this update

Survivor
Jun 23, 2009
Blazian wrote:
6% isn't that much. Ice wizards can get more, easily.

For they're price, they're not really worth it. I mean, $10 could get you a movie at a theater, or something even more worthwhile. I mean, the ninja pig is $20, and for 6% defense in all stats...that's just crazy. 20% is a third of my year's subscription. So 6% defense in all stats equals 4 months of gameplay. Do you realize how far I could get in 4 months? Far enough that 6% defense really wouldn't do me any good. Especially if I found the Satyr pet. 2 700 health cards are a lot better than 6% defense. I got 5% with heartsteel, for 4000 gold, and it was barely noticeable. And also a lot cheaper. What, like 4 or 5 hours farming the Kraken? It's sad they took crowns items out of shops,[sarcasm] but I guess if we can afford it they can't let us buy them, because that would be silly. They wouldn't make any money then.[/sarcasm]
What you dont seem to understand is that the defender pig isnt used for just 6% resist its used to boost all resist to anything On arena gear its can make a resist of 35% to 41% to some of us thats a large differencence Plus it heals you and If you own any crown gear which has resist It maxes that out too Heart steal isnt good it takes away gold pip chance and it will take up to15% from a grand master which takes away a grandmasters ability to use their grand spells more easily. Yes some do use it but for those who want a good pip chance and resist the defender pig is perfect Plus it has a dryad card to heal, it disguises you school for those who want to keep it secret. Defender pig is a perfect pvp pet and thats why most people want it ( my self included).

Survivor
May 25, 2009
I want to buy a giftcard from game stop but they say they don't get wizard101 cards every month GRRR why!!! and than they said have a nice day! I am 3 hours away from another city (gamestop) now what do i do!!!

Survivor
Feb 02, 2009
Survivor
Mar 10, 2009
Lol

You are complaining about a Free pet you get when buying your crowns via gift cards? ... Wow

You should be here in the United Kingdom ... We dont even get the chance to buy the gift cards let alone get a Free pet.

I dont have a single pet that comes FREE with the gift cards because I cant buy them ... So yeah!

So I find your "I am dissapointed in new wizard 101 gift card pets" quote rather selfish!

This game is international yet caters for the american players.
To be honest its kinda unfair but nothing I can do about it.
I just have to make do without these Free pets!!

Im hoping most American players will be appreciating the fact they have the chance to buy their gift cards and not complain =)

Have a nice day.
Diana

Yes, I know I put FREE in capitals because I dont know if you actually realize that the pet is a bonus item for purchasing the cards!
I get no Free pet when I purchase crowns via credit card!

Survivor
Jul 01, 2008
martonmere wrote:
Lol

You are complaining about a Free pet you get when buying your crowns via gift cards? ... Wow

You should be here in the United Kingdom ... We dont even get the chance to buy the gift cards let alone get a Free pet.

I dont have a single pet that comes FREE with the gift cards because I cant buy them ... So yeah!

So I find your "I am dissapointed in new wizard 101 gift card pets" quote rather selfish!

This game is international yet caters for the american players.
To be honest its kinda unfair but nothing I can do about it.
I just have to make do without these Free pets!!

Im hoping most American players will be appreciating the fact they have the chance to buy their gift cards and not complain =)

Have a nice day.
Diana

Yes, I know I put FREE in capitals because I dont know if you actually realize that the pet is a bonus item for purchasing the cards!
I get no Free pet when I purchase crowns via credit card!

Many people make the purchase for the pet, not the crowns. I myself do so on a fairly regular basis because I want to flesh out my pet collection, and whenever I see a pet I want I buy the card. I take the time to locate the store that has the pet that I want and make the trip to get it, and sometimes this means even out of state depending on which store I need for the pet that I want.

I have every reason to expect that I will receive the pet that I am expecting when I plan specifically to spend $20 for this reason and go to that much trouble to do so.

Otherwise, I could just buy my crowns online like I did before there were gift cards and save myself the trouble.

If, after going to all that trouble to spend my hard earned money, I got the wrong thing, you'd better believe I'd be upset. It's the CROWNS that are free to me, not the pet that you (so kindly and considerately) conveniently decided is a nonissue. You see, it really depends upon the person and their reasons for the purchase.

It is perfectly reasonable for a person to expect that the value promised for their purchase will be the value recieved - whether that value be the pet or the crowns. It's unfortunate that the OP misunderstood the pet available for the month that they made their purchase. Hopefully they have a better understanding of how it works now and will in the future be able to plan a bit better.

The fact that you live in the UK and are fortunate enough to be allowed to play an American game (which you obviously have no appreciation for) has nothing to do with it, and does not excuse your rudeness on the subject.

Survivor
Mar 10, 2009
This reply was in reply to someone who said they are disappoined with the new pets.

I never said that if a person should not be disappointed if the pet isnt the one promised to them for free. Ie: the one shown on the pack.

However...
You are buying the crowns and the free pet is given to you as a bonus for purchasing the crowns via gift card.
Yes, it clearly says on the pack free pet, it does not say free crowns!

I am not rude.
However I think your reply was.

Suggesting that I have no appreciation for the game and that indeed being British I should be grateful that I am allowed to play an American game.
Well I am grateful and I didnt need you to attck me with such a statement.
Why shouldnt British people play an American game?

Isnt that statement far ruder than anything I said?

Diana

Survivor
Nov 21, 2009
Well i agree with martonmere and this as i am british aswell and would love these pets which i can not get.

Personaly i find this very unfair that only one country can get these pets i have tried and tried but can still not get these pets. i also agree that these pets should be able to buy from the wizard website.

And martonmere should be lucky to play a american game? i also found that comment very rude this game is not for a certain country only its for everyone and i pay my membership like all the other members but it anoys me that players have a advantage over me because they live in a certain country i think kings isle should just make these cards available on there website so everyone can enjoy what they have to offer.

Thank you for reading

Explorer
Jun 02, 2009
moviebuff3000 wrote:
I must say that when I saw the pets for the new cards on the site that I was really disappointed. I was hoping for different pets for the cards not the same pets with different cards and abilities. I am not sure if I want to even collect the new cards because what is the point to have the same pet but just a different card. I was hoping for at least a Minotaur or a Treant or even a pixie, etc. but not even that. I think others will agree with me on this.
I agree plz make a new crab pet to go with the new world celestia!

Survivor
Oct 18, 2009
I stupidly redeemed a gift card without checking first to see what spell card the pet gave. This month the firezilla give the fire elf spell. What gives? this is a spell you can get very easily just playing the game. It cheapens the pet. I thought I was getting the firezilla spell. I guess I was too slow in redeeming the card. Next time I will check.

I too, buy the cards for the pet and the spell they give, if all you want is crowns that is easily obtained online. I am very disappointed in myself for not checking but also in King Isle for putting such a cheap spell with such a great pet. I am sorry to say that this pet will not be used very much. if ever. It definitely will not be trained, no reason to. An amulet can give me the spell just as easy and cheaper.

peony552

Explorer
Dec 18, 2009
Blazian wrote:
6% isn't that much. Ice wizards can get more, easily.

For they're price, they're not really worth it. I mean, $10 could get you a movie at a theater, or something even more worthwhile. I mean, the ninja pig is $20, and for 6% defense in all stats...that's just crazy. 20% is a third of my year's subscription. So 6% defense in all stats equals 4 months of gameplay. Do you realize how far I could get in 4 months? Far enough that 6% defense really wouldn't do me any good. Especially if I found the Satyr pet. 2 700 health cards are a lot better than 6% defense. I got 5% with heartsteel, for 4000 gold, and it was barely noticeable. And also a lot cheaper. What, like 4 or 5 hours farming the Kraken? It's sad they took crowns items out of shops,[sarcasm] but I guess if we can afford it they can't let us buy them, because that would be silly. They wouldn't make any money then.[/sarcasm]
good point it is annoying i mean i have a pet i BADLY want but i cant get it or the other typed ones (i'm talking about the firezilla card)and the spell it gives is VERY disippointing i mean a GRANDMASTER pet gives a lvl five card fire elf if i want the fire elf i should just pull up rudy in battle (rudy is a ice colossus minion. i name spells so i can see them in a different way)or a fire minion.

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
Here's what I find disappointing about the current Adventures Set pets.

7-11: $10 Gift Card with Magical Dragon pet gives 1 Balance Wand Spell.
A balance wand spell?!?! What level is the wand? Is it suppose to be a Balance Blade?

The $10 gift card from Blockbuster gives you a Dryad card. The $10 gift card from Rite-Aid gives you a Unicorn card. The $10 gift card from Toys-R-Us gives you a Fairy card. All of these can be cast on other players. However, the $20 gift card from Walgreens comes with a Pixie card. How in the world does that make sense? Spend twice as much money and get a self-only heal, that also happens to have to lowest heal factor (yes unicorn is lower per player, but if you have just one other person, then total is higher).

Survivor
Feb 28, 2009
well i have to say i am not disappointed to what i got for my gift card. it is actually very very decent, and i have had it on all my time i've had it. reply to me anyone who wants to chop my head off for sayin' this!

Survivor
Apr 21, 2010
I am very disappointed to I got the firezilla guess what it only let you open 4 slots on each side and none on those gave me the 5of shield so I did gave me a fire elf and the flamezilla and 120 of health but that is not what I wanted I felt scam ed I I made it a epic all that work for nothing!

Mastermind
Jun 07, 2010
irishfanpro wrote:
Do you guys understand it takes time to develope new things? They need time to create this stuff they cant use magic to make them appear. Just give them time dont back em' in a corner every time you have a problem. Send in the problem so you can get somewhere with it. Sorry if you thought I was rude but its just the way it is.

I agree 100% sure it takes time to fix things, add things, etc, etc. This is a forum, and KI has live updates, date pending we see every day when we log into W101. I think they have been busy on the expansion to let the community know, but the community would like to know what is going on with W101, and I never had seen any responces of the moderators in these forums of game issues in a long time, players are concerned about what's going on with W101. Better yet an anoouncement in the log in window of anything new, or changes coming to W101.

We give them money to fix, add, change things, and as paying customers, some of us. Consumers want to know where realy their money is going to. No one is backing no one in any corner people just feel: " I pay real life cash to help keep this game going for subscriptions, and Crown Shop Items, where is my money going to."

Mastermind
Jan 01, 2010
Preacher7719 wrote:
Here's what I find disappointing about the current Adventures Set pets.

The $10 gift card from Blockbuster gives you a Dryad card. The $10 gift card from Rite-Aid gives you a Unicorn card. The $10 gift card from Toys-R-Us gives you a Fairy card. All of these can be cast on other players. However, the $20 gift card from Walgreens comes with a Pixie card. How in the world does that make sense? Spend twice as much money and get a self-only heal, that also happens to have to lowest heal factor (yes unicorn is lower per player, but if you have just one other person, then total is higher).

This is actually wrong. The Walgreens card gave you a pixie card which could be used on anyone just like the life spell pixie card. And it was over 400 heal (450-480 maybe?).

Survivor
Oct 18, 2009
Very true but i am really happy with some of the new ones. I love the cloud demon elephant thing. Gives you a kraken card which is pretty helpful sometimes. The thing that ticks me off that kingsisle did was the hatchery prices. They are outrageous

Survivor
Jun 06, 2009
megaflare wrote:
actually we get enough pets as it is but has it occured to anyone that maybe a free set of good armor could come along with the gift card instead of the free pet? by the way why are these, the school pets, and the pets bought with crowns the only ones that give boosts, they should give more special abilities to all the other pets out there.
how u get a house pet